For over thirty years, the SBA Surety Bond Guarantee Program (SBG) has been providing Bid, Payment and Performance Bonds required for small and emerging businesses to bid on and carry out a contract, including but not limited to firms in construction, repair, maintenance, service, supply and janitorial work. This guarantee allows the surety companies to write bonds for contractors who, otherwise, might be unable to qualify. Acquiring surety bonds can be a very difficult task for those entering the federal or public works sector. Surety companies may have strict underwriting criteria that contractors must fulfill in order to qualify for a surety bond which could also cause difficulty establishing a bonding line of credit. Through the Small Business Administration of the U.S. Government Guarantee Program, contractors are able to qualify for required bonds on their own up to $6,500,000 for Private or Public Works or subcontract or up $10,000,000 on Federal projects.
Types of Eligible Contract Bonds:
Bid – Bond which guarantees that the bidder on a contract will enter into the contract and furnish the required payment and performance bonds.
Payment – Bond which guarantees payment from the contractor of money to persons who furnish labor, materials equipment and/or supplies for use in the performance of the contract.
Performance – Bond which guarantees that the contractor will perform the contract in accordance with its terms.
How to Apply
The SBA does not directly bond the contractor. I represent you, “the contractor” as a bonding agent who is well respected and certified by the SBA allowing to have “in-house” authority to qualify, underwrite and issue bonds under the SBA platform. This privileged authority is exclusive in Nevada and allow to expedite bonds in all 50 states.
Alicia Marasco – Biography
- Alicia Marasco has been working as a bond specialist since 1987 starting with an insurance agency located in Santa Barbara, CA. She relocated to Las Vegas in 1995 where she has remained a Nevada resident. Her experience includes sales, management and underwriter for all lines of insurance coverage specializing in surety bonds.
- Alicia is currently the Vice President of Bond Operations for Capstone Brokerage, Inc. In her position, she helps ensure customers are provided with highest bonding capacity for their business. Her experience gives her an understanding of the challenges businesses face with surety bonds which makes her a critical advisor to her clients. She provides a solid professional background and responsibility as she has worked as an underwriter for several A-rated surety companies and other reputable insurance agencies with positions in Sales and Director of the Bond Department.
- Alicia is well qualified and educated in a variety of bonds including contract. Certified by the Small Business Administration (SBA) allowing to have “in-house” authority to qualify, underwrite and issue bonds under the SBA platform. This privileged authority is exclusive in Nevada and allow to expedite bonds in all 50 states.
- Alicia is actively involved and volunteers in several non-profit organizations.
- Serves as Board of Directors for the Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC)
- Serves as Membership/Programs committee member for the Urban Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the U.S. Veteran Business Alliance
- Member of the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance
- Member of the Nevada Subcontractors Association
- Member of the Clark County Bar Association