Keeping the Promise
May 19-20, 2022
Offers veteran & disabled business owner opportunities to discover new markets, team members, customers, and practices.
BECOME A MEMBER
Become a Partner
KEEPING THE PROMISE LIVE22
Members, Partners, and Friends,
USVBA is excited to announce Keeping The Promise LIVE22 on May 19-21, 2022. The pandemic forced us to cancel KTP for the last two years, so this event is designed to make up for all the lost time! We recognize the importance of this event to our members, veteran small business, the DVBE community, and to our partners who have supported us for so long, so we have been putting our heads together to make sure that this is an event to remember!
KTP LIVE22 is designed to bring together veteran small business owners, prime contractors, and government agencies to allow them to create those relationships that are essential for successful partnerships to occur. We do this with all the traditional events such as expo booths, educational seminars, breakout sessions, and match making, as well as some unique features like SharQ Tank, where veteran businesses will be able to pitch to actual prime contractors. However, in keeping with our finest military traditions, we make it fun and enjoyable with a golf tournament, the heroes reception, a gala dinner, and a swearing in ceremony for new enlistees.
KTP LIVE22 will be held aboard the USS Midway so make sure to put it on your calendars. We’ll continue to send out information, but make sure you keep checking the website for all the updates as well.
AT THIS YEAR’S EVENT YOU WILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE…
- Select small businesses will have the opportunity to compete in a hands-on competition to create a proposal for winning a contract in both the federal and private corporate arenas.
- The ability to participate in one-on- one meetings with representatives from major corporations seeking to expand their inclusion of veterans in their supplier diversity programs.
- Attendees can participate in educational seminars that can potentially take the business success to the next level.
- Network with fellow veteran business owners from all across the Southwest and beyond.
- The conference can help businesses learn about Veteran Business certification that is required by most major corporations, why they need this certification and how to utilize the tools and opportunities presented, to help you succeed in today’s post-pandemic marketplace.
GALA DINNER GUEST SPEAKER
Major General Karl Horst retired from the United States Army on October 1, 2013 after more than 40 years of enlisted and commissioned service. During that time, he had the privilege to lead Soldiers at every level of the military, at home and around the world, in peacetime and in combat.
In his last assignment on active duty he served as Chief of Staff for U.S. Central Command at MacDill AFB, Tampa. His last command assignment was as the Commanding General of Joint Force Headquarters National Capital Region and the Military District of Washington.
Complementing his battalion and brigade command experience in the 82nd Airborne Division, General Horst had staff responsibilities at several senior levels: Headquarters, Department of the Army; NATO Military Headquarters; U.S. European Command; U.S. Joint Forces Command; U.S. Northern Command; and finally, at U.S. Central Command.