The USACE Wilmington District is contemplating a solicitation for improvements at Eagle Island Confined Disposal Facility for Cell 1, Brunswick County, North Carolina. The project includes work at Cell 1 of the Government owned Eagle Island Confined Disposal Facility (CDF) also referred to as the Dredged Material Disposal Area. Features of the work consist of constructing toe berms along the outside toe of the existing dike; the removal of pipe at Spillway 1 and reconstruction of Spillway 1 on the west side; the removal and replacement of pipes at Spillway 2 and Spillway 3; relocation of the spillway risers and adding new spillway sections to increase the height of the spillway risers; construction of interior step-in along the inside toe of the existing dike which includes regrading and excavating a portion of the existing dike; and placement of high-strength geotextile fabric during the construction of the interior step-in. The interior of Cell 1, location of dredged material, will be available as a source of borrow material to construct the toe berms and step-in. Control and diversion of water along with pumping and dewatering will be required. Construction and restoration of any necessary access ramps used to provide equipment access inside the diked disposal areas will be the Contractor’s responsibility.
Potential contractors must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) to be eligible for award. Potential contractors must also have current Online Representations and Certification Application on file with SAM. (See website https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM).
The magnitude of this project is between $10,000,000 and $25,000,000.
All interested firms with 237990 as an approved NAICs code have until 21 July 20, 6:00 P.M., EDT, to submit the following information:
– Name & Address of your Firm
– Point of Contact (Name/Phone/E-mail)
– Current SAM or DUNS Number and CAGE Code
– Business Size, to include designation as HUBZone, 8(a), Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, Woman-Owned Business, and Large Business. Any supporting documentation that confirms your socio-economic status should be provided, i.e., letter of certification from VA confirming SDVOSB status. The Government must be able to verify SBA certification of HubZone and 8(a) via SAM.
– Bonding capability – both single and aggregate capacity contracts, as evidenced by submission of Surety Company Letter stating bonding capacity.
– Evidence of capabilities to perform comparable work on three (3) recent projects greater than $5,000,000.00 in value (not more than five (5) years old.) Include the project name and description of the key/salient features of the project (completion date, total contract construction value, and your company’s level of involvement in the project, i.e., subcontractor (type), prime, GC, etc.) and your specific role. Additionally, if you were teaming with another firm, clearly identify your role on the project(s) submitted. Please provide at least one point of contact (with e-mail address and phone number) for project validation. The Government will not give credit to projects if the lack of information hinders the ability to determine relevancy and/or level or experience.
– Firm’s capability to perform, to include geographic span and project size.
– Information on Teaming Arrangement (if applicable). Although we are not looking for formal signed agreements at this time, if you intend to “team” with another firm, formally or informally, you must submit information, not more, than one (1) page, about your team’s involvement. More specifically, you must submit sufficient information for the Government to determine the roles each team member will play and what your socio-economic status is or will be considering the proposed arrangement. Therefore, included in your one (1) page if you are a Small Business and you intend to mentor/protégé and/or JV with a large business both team members must sign agreeing that 40% of the labor will be performed by the 8(a) firm. Additionally, if the team is a mentor/protégé arrangement, identify the areas that will be mentored. Any supporting documentation that confirms your socio-economic status as a team should be provided.
The Government may not give credit to your socio-economic class if there is not sufficient documentation to support it or if the Government cannot verify through other means that your business is as such.
The requested information shall be submitted electronically to:
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Via email to Missee Koehn and Karri Mares
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The email should be titled: Eagle Island CDF Improvements, Cell 1, Sources Sought
Do not send hard copies of advertising or promotional materials. Please ensure that all responses are comprehensive and provide a name and point-of-contact for your firm for follow-up by this office or the procuring contracting officer. If you have responded to any previous e-mail messages or had other communications with our office regarding preliminary market research for this project, please be advised that it will be necessary for you to respond to this e-mail and the questions contained therein. Any responses involving teaming agreements should delineate between the work that will be accomplished by the Prime Contractor and work accomplished by the teaming partner
All information is to be provided on a voluntary basis at no charge to the Government. There is no entitlement to payment of direct or indirect costs related to or arising out of responding to this request for information. All information provided becomes property of the Government. There is no guarantee, expressed or implied, that the market research for this acquisition will result in any guarantee of award or acquisition strategy.
Contracting Office Address
USA Engineer District, Wilmington, WILMINGTON, NC 28403-1343
Place of Performance