The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New England District is issuing this Sources Sought Announcement for the Construction of a Stormwater Pumping Station, Stratford CT. This announcement is to determine interest, availability and capability of 8(a), HUBZone, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Women-Owned and Small Business concerns for this project. The NAICS code for this procurement is 237110. The project is planned to be issued in or about March 2021. The project is expected to take approximately 18 months. The estimated construction cost is between $5,000,000 and $10,000,000.
The stormwater pumping station is designed to pump a firm capacity of 200 cfs and includes of the following major features:
- Inlet/bypass channel with dual electric motor actuated weir gates and a bypass flap gate
- Pump Intake (wet well) housing the Stormwater Pumps and Dewatering Pumps
- Four (4) pump bays to house the four (4) main Stormwater Pumps and one (1) pump bay to house the two (2) Dewatering Pumps.
- The Stormwater pumps shall be axial flow pumps in a wet pit shafted arrangement.
- Submersible solids handling pumps are selected for the Dewatering Pumps.
- Discharge channel for all pumps with the ability to recycle flow for testing and exercising the pumps
- Electrical system including VFD’s for the Stormwater Pumps
- The top elevation of the facility will be set at EL 10.00,
- EL 12.50 will be the minimum elevations for equipment and electrical panels.
- Overall Station dimensions are anticipated to be approximately 65 feet by 80 feet by 30 feet deep.
Interested firms should submit a capabilities package to include the following: business classification (i.e. HUBZone, small business, etc.), a proof of bonding as well as what type of equipment would be utilized for this project. Additionally, firms must demonstrate their project experience, within the last ten years. Please indicate the team subcontractor(s) (if any), including their prior experience and qualifications, which will be used to support the offeror’s effort. Subcontractor’s experience must also have been performed within the last ten (10) years.
The Government anticipates including a Definitive Responsibility Criteria (DRC) in the solicitation and contract resulting from this market research. After bid opening but prior to award, the apparent low bidder will be required to furnish documentation as follows:
The prime contractor must show at least one prior project that involved a new sanitary or stormwater pump station construction for a station of 150 cfs or greater and valued at 9 million dollars or greater completed in the last ten (10) years.
Contractors may submit feedback as to feasible value or other limitations.
Please indicate the team subcontractor(s) (if any), including their prior experience and qualifications, which will be used to support the offeror’s effort and their experience must also have been performed within the last ten (10) years. Proof of bonding capability is required. Responses are limited to twenty pages. Responses are due by October 22, 2020. Responses should be addressed to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New England
District, 696 Virginia Road, Concord, MA 01742-2751, ATTN: Guesley Leger, or via email to Guesley.Leger@usace.army.mil. Interested firms shall provide the above documentation in one original form and one copy. The Government will not pay for any material provided in response to this market survey nor return the data provided. This notice is for information purposes only and is not a request to be placed on a solicitation mailing list nor is it a Request for Proposal (RFP) or an announcement of a solicitation. The results of this survey will be considered to be in effect for a period of one year from the date of this notice.
Government Agency URL: www.nae.usace.army.mil
Government Agency URL Description: New England District, Corps of Engineers