THERE IS NO SOLICITATION AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. REQUESTS FOR SOLICITATION WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE.
The Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) and Special Operations Forces (SOF) Sensors, Foreign Military Sales (FMS) New Business and Advanced ISR Systems Branch, (AFLCMC/WINN) is conducting Market Research to identify potential sources who may provide the information detailed in this Sources Sought Synopsis (SSS).
This is not a commitment to fund any effort submitted in response to this request. Respondents are placed on notice that participation does NOT guarantee participation in future solicitations or contract awards. AFLCMC is not at this time seeking proposals, and will not accept unsolicited proposals. Respondents are advised that the United States Government (USG) will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this SSS. Please be advised that all submissions become USG property and will not be returned. All costs associated with responding to this SSS will be at the responding party’s expense. This SSS is issued solely for information and planning purposes only. It does not constitute a Request for Proposal (or solicitation) and does not guarantee the issuance of an RFP in the future. This SSS does not commit the USG to contract for any supply or service whatsoever. The USG does not have any associated technical data to provide to potential sources.
1. AFLCMC/WINN has a requirement for Aircraft Special Mission System Integrators that can deliver the following ISR aircraft with the Multi-INT sensor payload described below. AFLCMC/WINN is exploring the market for sources who can provide technically sound and economical non-developmental qualified solutions. The requirement includes the utilization of established Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) system-of-systems, consisting of integrated non-developmental items to the maximum extent possible.
The USG will use this Market Research information to determine the best future acquisition strategy for this procurement in order to meet the customer requirements and delivery schedule. The USG does not have any associated technical data to provide to potential sources.
Information solicited is as follows:
- Gulfstream G550 Class performance or equivalent
- Ability to operate and loiter at FLT level 40,000+
- Baseline Type existing in the USAF inventory (if possible)
- Federated ISR integration possessing Military Type Certificates/FAA Supplemental Type Certificates
- Synthetic Aperture RADAR / Ground Moving Target Indication (SAR/GMTI) based on state-of-the-art AESA technology and open systems architecture, high resolution SAR imaging and GMTI target detection at standoff ranges.
- Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) capability up to 40 GHz including multi-platform Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA), INTRA pulse analysis
- Communication Intelligence (COMINT) including SATPHONE capability and multi-platform TDOA
- Image Intelligence (IMINT): 20” Electro-Optical/Infra-Red (EO/IR) camera including SWIR spotter, Laser Target Designator and Laser Rangefinder
- Link-16 Tactical Data Link (TDL) to share Command/Control (C2) data with C2 and non-C2 entities (ASOC, F16s, Attack Helicopters)
- Communications Security (COMSEC): secure Type 1 military communication UHF/VHF, HF, Navigation, IFF and C2 capabilities
- LOS data link
- SATCOM data link
- TDL (L-16, MIDS, JTRS)
- IFF Mode 5
- US system encryption
Aircraft Survivability Equipment
- AAR 47
- ALE 47
- Mission Management System
- Fixed Ground Station
- Mobile Ground Station
- System supportability (OEM training to assist USG in scoping support)
2. Provide the date of, or anticipated date of, receiving these certifications:
Approved and issued FAA STCs and USAF Airworthiness Military Type Certification for missionized aircraft including all required modifications to the baseline aircraft
3. Schedule timeline for delivery of first aircraft and subsequent requirements.
AFLCMC/WINN invites industry to submit the information any time before 20 November 2020 at 12:00 noon EST. Limit your responses to no more than 15 pages. Responses shall not exceed 15 pages.
Please ensure all appropriate security procedures and policies are followed when responding to this SSS. Respondents should indicate which portions of their responses are proprietary and mark them accordingly. All information received in response to this SSS that is properly marked as “Proprietary” will be handled accordingly. Proprietary information must be clearly marked on the outside container and on the materials inside. The USG shall not be liable for, or suffer any consequential damages, for any proprietary information not properly identified. Please do not include pricing or other financial data in your response.
This SSS is issued pursuant to FAR Part 15.201(e). Questions regarding this SSS must be submitted by 30 October 2020 at 1200 noon EDT, questions received after this date may not receive a response. Questions shall be sent via email to the Primary Point of Contacts (POCs) listed below.
Written follow-up questions may be asked of responders for clarification, but this will not be indication of selection or preference.
Include the following information with your submission:
-Company Name and Address
-Point of Contacts (POC(s)) – Phone number(s) and email(s)
-Small Business Size Standard
Submissions will be accepted via email up to the due date of 20 November 2020.
Contracting Office Address:
2530 C Street
Wright Patterson AFB, OH 45433
Primary Point of Contacts (POCs):