By way of this Market Survey/Sources Sought Notice, the USACE-Chicago District intends to determine the extent of firms that are engaged in providing the services described hereunder for Lake George Canal – Middle Section Restoration. The responses to this Notice will be used for planning purposes for an upcoming procurement. Therefore, this Notice does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP); it does not guarantee the future issue of a RFP; nor does it commit the government to contract for any supply or service whatsoever. Further, this Agency will not accept unsolicited proposals. Respondents are advised that this Agency will not pay for any information or administrative cost incurred in response to this Notice; all costs associated with responding to this Notice will be solely at the responding party's expense.
At this time, proprietary information is not being requested, and respondents shall refrain from providing proprietary information in response to this Notice. Responses to this Notice will not be returned. Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned. Not responding to this Notice does not preclude participation in any future RFP, if any is issued. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the U.S Government to form a binding for additional information pertaining to this Notice.
The Lake George Canal – Middle Section contains contaminated sediment to be remediated. As part of this project, the contractor will perform the following activities:
1. Construction of an organophilic clay amended engineered sediment cap. The sediment cap has been designed to meet the long-term remediation goal of 27 parts per million of total polyaromatic hydrocarbons in dry sediment for a cap life of 100-years. The contractor will install a sediment cap consistent with the remediation goals.
2. Construction of oil-sheen bank controls at the West Tank Farm. The bank controls have been designed to prevent oil sheens emanating from groundwater-soil interaction at the West Tank Farm from discharging through the banks.
3. Ecosystem restoration of upland and aquatic areas. Ecosystem restoration includes, but is not limited to, construction of a wetland shelf, construction of aquatic habitat features, invasive species control, upland ecosystem restoration, and plantings and seeding of native plant species.
This work includes all incidental activities necessary for construction of the sediment cap, bank controls, and ecosystem restoration elements.
The work is located in the cities of Hammond and East Chicago, Indiana. Work will be conducted within and adjacent to the Lake George Canal.
REQUESTED INFORMATION: This Agency requests that interested contractors complete the following questions to assist the government in its efforts.
- Firm’s name and business size, address, point of contact, phone number and e-mail address.
- Is your company currently “active” at SAM (System for Award Management? If not, does it plan to register? To comply with the annual representations and certifications requirements (Reference: FAR Subpart 4.1102 – Policy (a)), Contractors are now REQUIRED to be registered in SAM at the time bid is submitted.
- In consideration of North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code 237990, with a small business size in dollars of $39.5M, which of the following small business categories is your business classified under, if any? Small Business, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, Woman-Owned Small Business, HUB Zone Small Business, or 8(a) Small Business.
- Is your firm capable of obtaining a performance and payment bond for a construction project valued above $10,000,000?
- Is your firm interested in performing as a subcontractor or prime?
- Does the interested vendor have experience in the work described for this project? If so, how many years.
- In the consideration of the aforementioned government requirements, if your firm were to see an advertisement for this planned procurement within the month of February 2021, would your firm be interested in providing a bid?
SUBMISSION OF RESPONSES: Respondents interested in providing a response to this Notice shall provide their submittals to Annette Lakes prior to 4:00 p.m. (CDT) on 13 Nov-2020, via email to: (ensure that the number & title of the Sources Sought Notice of "W912P621S0001, Lake George Canal – Middle Section Restoration,” is included in the subject line of the email). Any electronic files (EMAIL) CANNOT EXCEED this Agency's size limit of 20MB (includes email and its attachment); files exceeding this size will be denied access to Ms. Lakes’ email inbox. NEGATIVE REPLIES ARE WELCOMED.
Primary Point of Contact
Annette H. Lakes
Secondary Point of Contact
Regina G. Blair