SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE
Solicitation No. W912ER20R0047
NAICS Code: 238990
Classification Code: All Other Specialty Trade Contractors
SYNOPSIS: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Transatlantic Middle East District (TAM) is seeking preliminary information, for market research purposes only, from capable and reliable firms for the procurement of ten modular classrooms, including support equipment, furniture, and materials necessary for an operational communications school in Iraq. This is not a request for proposal (RFP). However, the resultant contract will be awarded as a firm-fixed-price contract. Due to funding reasons (Foreign Military Financing – FMF), this requirement is only available to entities and firms registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) in the United States (U.S) and is a U.S. Firm.
PROJECT SCOPE OVERVIEW: This project is to procure ten modular classrooms complete with all finishes; both interior and exterior. Modular Classrooms shall be able to be towed with a towing hitch or similar connection. Each classroom shall include:
- Mechanical systems designed to local, environmental conditions in Iraq. Each HVAC unit must provide a minimum of 24,000 BTU capacity, single phase, 240 V, 50 Hz power, 6300 W cooling and heating capacity, with an operational range of 21-54 degrees C. Sufficient units shall be provided to maintain the cooling and heating requirements within this range.
- Plumbing to include western style bathrooms in each classroom. Waste to tie to an existing system
- Electrical power to include universal sockets, light switches, LED ceiling lights, and power strips for each desk. Power shall match local, i.e., 380/220V, 50Hz.
- Power and electrical cables for connection to the local power [300 sq. mm Core HT Power Cable, Electrical Cable (3*300 sq. mm + 150 sq. mm)]
- 6 Way/6 Plug 2m Surge Protection Extension Lead Strip-White
- 32 Channel 8TB H.264 Standalone HD DVR with 32 Indoor & Outdoor CCTV Security Camera
- Passage Door handles and associated hardware
- Wall Fans with control/timers
- Vinyl Flooring
- Interior paneled walls
- Base skirting to hide all utility lines
- Steps, decks and ramps for classroom access
- Exterior aluminum siding
Proposal Procedures: For this project, USACE intends to issue a RFP, utilizing the tradeoff source selection proposal evaluation procedures, on the best value continuum, in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) 15.101-1. The intent is for the RFP to be issued as a full and open competition procurement. Evaluation criteria will be stated in the RFP. This procurement is anticipated to result in a single firm-fixed-price contract award.
Set Asides and Codes: The project is classified through the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) under code 238990 – All Other Specialty Trade Contractors, with a size standard of $16.5 million.
Additional Information: A list will not be generated from replies to this announcement. Contractors will not automatically receive the RFP package as a result of replying to this announcement.
A pre-solicitation announcement may eventually be publicized on the government-wide point of entry, beta.sam.gov. Contractors are responsible for monitoring the website for the pre-solicitation announcement or for any posted changes or amendments.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Interested firms must complete the Capability Statement and Project Experience Template included with this announcement as part of their submission. Provide your experience with not more than three similar projects.
Be advised that this notice is for market research purposes only, and this is Not an RFP, nor does it restrict USACE from utilizing a different acquisition approach to award any or all resultant contracts. Failure to respond to this notice will not disqualify your company from submitting a proposal. USACE will not reimburse respondents for any costs incurred in preparation of a response to this notice.
If your firm is interested in participating in this opportunity, please return the completed sheets and other requested information by email to Peter Smith at Peter.S.Smith@usace.army.mil and Holly Watson at Holly.K.Watson@usace.army.mil. Your response is due not later than October 19, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).