This is a source sought notice used for market research purposes only. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL, QUOTATION OR BID. NO SOLICITATION IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.
Response to this Sources Sought notice is strictly voluntary and will not affect any firm or corporation's ability to submit an offer when a solicitation is released. There is no bid package or solicitation document associated with this announcement. The requested information is for planning purposes and does not constitute a commitment, implied or otherwise, that a procurement action will be issued. No entitlement to payment by the Government of direct or indirect costs or charges will arise because of the submission of contractors' information. The Government shall not be liable for or suffer any consequential damages for any improperly identified proprietary information. Proprietary information will be safeguarded in accordance with the applicable Government regulations.
The US Army Corps of Engineers, Memphis District, is seeking capability statements from all Small Business source with the capabilities and experience to perform the following work:
SCOPE OF WORK
The Contractor shall provide all supervision, labor, equipment, and materials necessary to perform temporary roofing repairs on structures located in surrounding area of New Orleans LA. The temporary repairs will be completed by installing a heat shrink polyethylene film sheeting to the damaged roofs and siding as described in sections below. Product specifications and contractor requirements are also described included. Residential roof types included but not limited to tile roofs, flat roofs, roofs with greater than 50% structural damage to the roof substructure, and/or atypical metal roofs. Right of Entry (ROE) approved prior to work commencement.
Contractor is required to Product Specification sheet to include at a minimum the following information: Thickness, Weight, UV Resistance, Seam Strength, Color, Flame Retardant, Reinforcement, size roll, wind load resistance.
- Minimum film thickness of 200Um (8mil).
- UV additive to withstand solar exposure for 12 months with less than 10% loss is physical properties.
- Fire Retardant additive self-extinguishing within 5 seconds tested to NFPA 701-2015.
- Polyethylene film manufactured within the United States or America.
- Film must be recyclable
- Resist sustained wind loads up to 55mph
Contractor must be a Manufacturer Certified Installer having been trained by the manufacturer in the installation of the product and in Working at Heights Safely and be listed as a Manufacturer Approved Contractor.
The contractor shall provide summary report that includes description and quantities of all materials used, description of means and methods of installation, number and training requirements of the installation crew, complete timeline of installation per house, description of house including type, slope and square footage of each house, and contractors’ assessment/estimates on using shrink wrap on a large scale, post disaster environment.
North American Industry Classification System: 238160 Small Business Size Standard: $16.5M.
Acquisition Strategy: The final acquisition strategy to be determined after analysis of responses. Pricing is Firm Fixed Price.
Work Location: The work shall be located in the surrounding areas of New Orleans LA.
Requirement: Small Business concerns firms responding to this announcement are requested to demonstrate in writing its capability to perform the work for this project by addressing the following items.:
(1). Provide the Firm name, address, firm size, and socio-economic status.
(2). Provide examples (minimum of two) of projects similar in nature to the work identified in the scope of work above your firm has performed in the past three years. Each example should include a detailed project description, location, the dollar value or the project, the beginning and end date of the project.
(3) For the relevant example projects requested in item (2), indicate whether your firm was the prime or sub-contractor. If the prime, indicated what percentage of the work you performed. If the firm was subcontractor, identify your role in the contract and explain the relevancy of the role. Also, provide copies of performance rating for the project submitted and resume of key personnel.
(4) Provide a list of the firm’s current on-going project, the bonding amount, and the expected completion dates. Also include the name, point of contact, and phone number of the prime contractor bonding company.
Magnitude of Work: Between $100,000 and $300,000
Contract Duration: 10 Calendar day
Site Visit Time & Date: N/A