Point of Contact: Contract Specialist Charles Idle at firstname.lastname@example.org
US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Seattle District, is seeking interested business sources for a construction Project titled: Station Service Primary Component, Chief Joseph Dam, WA.
Proposed project will be a firm fixed-price construction project. Construction magnitude is estimated to be more than $10,000,000. 100 percent payment and performance bonds will be required.
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for this project is 237990, Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction, and the associated small business size standard is $39,500,000 in average annual receipts.
This sources-sought announcement is a tool to identify businesses with the capability to accomplish the work and is for information/market research purposes only. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS, QUOTATIONS OR BIDS, NOR A SYNOPSIS OF A PROPOSED CONTRACT ACTION UNDER FAR SUBPART 5.2. The type of solicitation to be issued will depend upon information received in response to these sources sought announcement. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to these sources sought announcement or any follow up information. Responses to these sources sought announcement will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. NO SOLICITATION IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. This is not a request to be placed on a solicitation mailing list and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government. The results of this survey will be in effect for a period of one year from the date of this notice.
Summary Scope of Work (SOW):
OVERVIEW: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Seattle District, requires refurbishment of the two station service units at Chief Joseph Powerhouse. The existing generators have a nameplate rating of 3.0 MVA and the existing turbines are Francis-type units with a nameplate rating of 3,500 HP at 171 feet of head. The following is a list of the major items of work included in this Contract. The work includes the removal of the existing components and systems of components which are known to have lead-based paint, without being specifically identified. The work includes, but is not limited to:
- Perform all work required for mobilization/demobilization.
- Remove and dispose of items/systems to be discarded or replaced.
- Provide platforms, tools and equipment as specified and required to perform the required work.
- Clean turbine pit, generator, work and storage areas used by the Contractor. Dispose of (recycle) grease, etc.
- Perform pre outage testing and post reassembly generating unit commissioning.
- Draft tube fall protection anchors.
- Disassemble the generating units and turbines.
- Inspect and refurbish turbine components.
- Paint refurbished components.
- Refurbishment of turbine guide bearings.
- Provide new Teflon thrust shoes.
- Refurbish upper and lower generator guide bearings.
- Furnish bearing RTDs and replace existing RTDs with platinum RTDs.
- Reassemble generating units.
- Perform complete alignment of generating units.
- Perform pre and post refurbishment generating unit operational tests.
- Disassemble, clean, inspect, refurbish and reinstall all generator brakes and associated appurtenances.
- Brake ring inspection, with optional refurbishment.
- Provide new thrust bearing oil coolers.
- Provide new surface air coolers.
- Provide new float switches in the bearing tubs.
- Provide new below the hook lifting devices.
- Provide new turbine guide bearing coolers.
- Provide new main cooling water piping and valves.
- Provide new penstock equalizing and drain valves and piping.
- Provide new wicket gates.
- Refurbish the wicket gate servomotors.
- Inspect the rotor spiders.
- Rewind the stators.
- Replace stator cores.
- Inspect and clean rotors and test the rotor field windings.
- Optional re-insulation of the rotor field poles.
- Replace field leads.
- Replace 4160-volt generator cables.
- Replace neutral breaker.
- Perform electrical work related to the installation of bearing RTDs.
- Perform electrical work related to installation of float switches and other instruments.
Interested firms should submit a capabilities package, to include the following:
1. Firm's name, address (mailing and URL), point of contact, phone number, email address.
2. Business classification, i.e., Small Business (SB), Small Disadvantage Business (SDB), Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB), Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Small Business, 8(a) Program, or Other Than Small Business (large business).
3. Submit three projects that demonstrates Contractor’s ability to meet the scope described in summary scope of work to refurbish the Chief Joseph Dam Station Service Primary Components. Project information submitted shall contain:
- Project Name/Title;
- Contract awarded amount;
- Project location;
- Project start date;
- Project completion date;
- Contractor shall provide a detailed description of the following: The completed projects scope and complexity, how it compares to Chief Joseph’s scope of work, number of units refurbished and CPARs or performance rating.
4. CAGE code and DUNS number.
5. Firm's Joint Venture Information, if applicable.
6. Bonding Information:
a. Provide the following, on the bonding company's letterhead:
(1) Bonding Limits
(a) Single Bond
All interested parties who believe they can meet the requirements are invited to submit, in writing, complete information describing their interest and ability to meet all requirements stated above. Prior Government contract work is not required for submitting a response under the sources sought announcement.
The official Synopsis citing a solicitation number will be issued on Federal Business Opportunities (www.SAM.gov) inviting firms to register electronically to receive an electronic notification of a solicitation should one be issued.
SUBMIT TO: Responses to the Sources Sought Announcement should be received no later than 10:00 am (Pacific Time) on 24 September 2021. Submit responses to the attention of Charles Idle, Contract Specialist, by email: email@example.com.
All interested firms must be registered in SAM (https://www.sam.gov) and remain current for the duration of the contract to be eligible for award of Government contracts.