This is a SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT ONLY.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New York District is conducting a market research to facilitate a determination of the acquisition strategy for this procurement. The determination of the acquisition strategy for this procurement lies solely with the Government and will be based on market research and information available to the Government from other sources. The New York District is conducting this market research to identify businesses which have the capability to perform A-E services within Thule AB Greenland as well as NAN/NAD Boundaries.
NO AWARDS WILL BE MADE FROM THE RESPONSES TO THIS NOTICE.
- CONTRACT REQUIREMENT: The anticipated contracts, when solicited, will be procured in accordance with the Brooks Architect-Engineer Act as implemented in FAR subpart 36.6. Five (5) firms will be selected for negotiation based on demonstrated competence and qualifications for all of the required work. This procurement will be conducted under the North American Industrial Classification System Code (NAICS) 541330, $16,500,000.00. To be considered a Small Business under this NAICS codes, the respondent’s average revenue for the last three fiscal years cannot be more than $16,500,000.00. If the respondent’s average revenue for the last three fiscal years is over $16,500,000.00, the respondent is not considered a Small Business. All respondents MUST identity their business size relative to the NAICS code. Respondents are required to state whether the firm is a Large Business, Small Business, 8(a) Program Participant, HUBZone Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, Women-Owned Small Business, Veteran-Owned Small Business, or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business.
The Government anticipates issuing a Multiple Award Task Order Contract (MATOC) for AE services and includes a target of five (5) reserved IDC’s. Each IDC will have a duration of five (5) years and a maximum of 60 months and will not include optional time periods. Five (5) anticipated contracts will share a total capacity not to exceed $250,000,000. If the contract is set- aside for Small Business, FAR 52.219-14, Limitation on Subcontracting, will be included in the contract. This clause requires that at least 51 percent of the cost of contract performance incurred for personnel shall be expended for employees of the concern.
2. PROJECT INFORMATION:
A. General Architect Engineering services to include support of Sustainment, Restoration and Modernization (SRM) program, military construction programs and other non-military construction programs within Thule AB and NAN/NAD Boundaries.
2A1. QUALIFICATIONS: All interested firms are encouraged to respond to this notice and may respond to this announcement by submitting a capability statement which addresses the following key areas:
Demonstrated experience in the following Architect Engineering (A-E) Services to include the investigation, planning and design for the following types of projects to primarily support the Military Construction (MILCON) Program at Thule AB and other Installations within NY District and North Atlantic Division (NAD) boundaries, as well as the SRM Program at the respective Installations:
- Construction of new and renovation/upgrade of multiple hangar/buildings, maintenance, training facilities (hands-on/simulators), Aviation facilities, Runways and Taxiways, Aircraft Fueling facilities/distribution, Industrial facilities, Vehicle Maintenance facilities, Research & design facilities (Armament, Munitions and Communications), Munitions and Storage facilities, Dining facilities, Academic Labs, Barracks/dormitories, Academic Facilities, Administrative Office Buildings
- Arctic/Cold Region Construction and repair of airfields, runways, taxiways, aprons and Apron refueling systems
- Whole building renovations which address interior re-configuration, life/safety, energy conservation, and utility systems.
- Architectural alterations which address new space requirements, programmed functions such as: maintenance, training facilities, storage, administrative spaces, and Squad/Ops.
- New building exterior and envelope (cold region) shall follow the architectural compatibility plan defined at the base inclusive of, structural roof systems, insulation and waterproofing, windows, and ATFP.
- Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing (MEP): Fire suppression and water supply systems, fire alarm and mass notification system, cybersecurity, fire detection/protection/monitoring and controls, heating and ventilation systems, plumbing systems, electrical systems, telecommunication and cabling systems, closed circuit television (CCTV), alarm and card access systems, and public address systems.
- Topographic surveys, geological surveys, geotechnical investigations, environmental investigations, Master Planning Studies, Value Engineering Studies, Field Investigation Studies, construction support services.
- Asbestos and lead abatement services related to building renovation or demolition
- Perform/Conduct Design Charrettes including Eco-Charrettes
- Prepare Studies (to include building, energy, life-cycle studies)
- Prepare Parametric Designs, to include development of DD Form 1391 preparation
- Site & Infrastructure/Seismic Design in accordance with the UFC’s
- Development of design criteria and basis of design
- Design work analysis and Technical specifications
- NEPA documentation and coordination
- Historic Architecture and Section 106 consultation
- Preparation of Permit applications;
- Preparation of Design/Build documents
- Preparation of Arctic foundation designs, building air tightness and HVAC performance for cold/arctic regions.
- Preparation Final Design construction documents
- Antiterrorism/Force Protection Design in accordance with applicable UFC’s
- Sustainable Design/GBI/NET Zero Strategy Development
- Cost estimating using the latest version MII [M2] software; Preparation of CADD.
- Deliverables in Building Information Modeling (BIM) format.
- Drawings in accordance with the Architectural/Engineering/Construction (A/E/C) Computer-aided standard version (CADD)
Demonstrated construction phase services:
- Design during construction
- Preparation of operation and maintenance manuals
- Providing technical assistance – responding to requests for information (RFIs)
- Design Build conforming reviews
- Shop Drawing Review – review of shop drawings and submittals
- Conduct site visits
- Commissioning/enhanced commissioning; Fit-up design support
- Project Start-up – coordinate with contractors to start up and conduct performance tests of the constructed project.
3. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: All interested firms are encouraged to respond to this notice and may do so by submitting a capabilities statement. The capabilities statement is limited to fifteen (15) pages total and shall include the following information:
- Firm’s name, address, point of contract, phone number and email address.
- Firm’s business size – If a Small Business, identify the Small Business type (Small Business, an 8(a) Program Participant, HUBZone Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, Women- Owned Small Business, Veteran-Owned Small Business or Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business).
- Demonstration of the firm’s experience as a prime contractor on projects of similar size, type and complexity within the past five years. List at least 4 but no more than 6 completed projects and include project title and location, a brief description of the project to include dollar amount of the project and work that was self-performed. Please consider the following when preparing your capabilities statements. Additionally, firms must be capable of responding to and working on multiple task orders concurrently.
- Identify number of staff by discipline that you plan to utilize for this contract.
The response must be specific to the qualifications listed above to show that the respondent meets the requirements and possesses the necessary skills and experience. If a response does not show that the respondent meets the qualifications and/or does not possess the necessary skills and experience, the respondent will not be considered by the Government. Again this is not a request for proposal or quotation; there is no solicitation available at this time. A determination by the Government to proceed with the acquisition as a set-aside for 8(a) program, HUBZone, Small Business, etc. or unrestricted is within the discretion of the Government.
All responses shall be submitted via email to Stephen DiBari at Stephen.email@example.com within 15 calendar days of the original posted date in Beta SAM.
A determination by the Government to proceed with the acquisition as a set-aside for 8(a) program, HUBZone, Small Business, etc. or unrestricted is within the discretion of the Government and will be updated to this posting.