THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL. THERE WILL NOT BE A SOLICITATION, SPECIFICATIONS, OR DRAWINGS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Baltimore District (NAB) requests capability statements from qualified industry partners. USACE NAB has been tasked to solicit and award a Design-Bid-Build (DBB) firm-fixed-price construction contract for renovation of a former goat barn, an existing facility on Beltsville Agricultural Research Center (BARC), into a poultry quarantine facility. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this request or any follow-up information requests; all costs associated with responding to this Notice will be solely at the responding party's expense. Responses to this sources sought announcement will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. The NAICS code for this acquisition is 236220 – Commercial and Institutional Building Construction with a size standard of $39,500,000. The magnitude of construction is between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000. Small Businesses are reminded that they must perform at least 20% of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with their own employees for general construction-type procurements.
By way of this Market Survey/Sources Sought Notice, W912DR21R0006, USACE NAB intends to determine the extent of capable firms that are engaged in providing the services described hereunder. Therefore, this Notice does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP); it does not guarantee the future issuance of a RFP; nor does it commit the Government to contract for any supply or service. Further, USACE NAB will not accept unsolicited proposals. In accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 15.201(e), responses to this Notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the U.S. Government to form a binding contract. It is the responsibility of the interested parties to monitor this site for additional information pertaining to this Notice.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), BARC located in Beltsville, Maryland has a need to renovate and expand an existing building, Building 434, for use as a Poultry Quarantine facility. The project will provide Poultry Quarantine spaces for Tom Turkeys, Hen Turkeys, Laying Hens, and Broiler Breeders, each within their own physically separated spaces, allowing controlled and separate management of relevant quarantine conditions. The purpose of quarantine is to stabilize environmental and biosecurity conditions for a duration of time before live poultry go to remote research labs. This quarantine facility will not perform any research, but assures healthy Biosecure conditions before Poultry enter research activities. This project includes Biosecurity measures to minimize threat of viruses, and manage environmental conditions such as light, temperature, feed, and water.
Building 434 is physically located ~1,060 feet south of Powder Mill Road, 1,787' west of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, and 2,067' east of Biocontrol Road. Building 434 was originally constructed as a goat barn in 1933 as a two-story central brick barn. The following year, two (2) separate one-story wings were added to Building 434. Currently, Building 434 stands at approximately 4,070 square feet. The structure has maintained its original use as a goat barn until abandoned in 2008.
Should the acquisition be set-aside for the 8(a) program, 8(a) firms are reminded that they need to have a bona-fide office in the geographical area of consideration where the work is to be performed as determined by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Prior Government contract work is not required for submitting a response to this sources sought notice.
Responders should address ALL of the following in their submittal.
- Firm's name, address, point of contact, phone number, email address, CAGE code and DUNS number.
- Indicate if your company is currently registered with the Systems for Award Management (SAM) database. If not, indicate if it has been registered or does it plan to register.
- In consideration of NAICS code 236220, with a small business size standard in dollar of $39,000,000, indicate which of the following small business categories your business is classified under if applicable: Small Business, Veteran-Owned Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business, Small-Disadvantaged Business, Woman- Owned Small Business, HUBZone Small Business, or 8(a) Business.
- Indicate if your company is currently prohibited from doing business with the Federal Government. Yes/No. (If yes, please explain).
- Provide a letter from the surety regarding the bonding capability for a single contract action and aggregate of the interested prime contractor.
- Provide at least two (2), but no more than five (5) examples of a completed project similar to requirements described above within the past seven (7) years. Include point of contact information for the examples provided, as past performance on indicated projects may be verified. Contractors with unsatisfactory past performance may not be considered capable of successfully performing this type of work.
- Responders should have experience in the areas listed below and provide narratives identifying that specific experience:
- Successful experience with agricultural type renovation construction.
- Experience in the installation of evaporative coolers.
- Successful experience with the construction submittal process.
- Experience with construction of structures with areas of biosecure conditions.
- Demonstrate experience with design, renovation to create points of egress and for equipment installation/replacement within an existing structure.
8. Mechanical Renovation. (1) Demonstrate experience with installation of agricultural monitoring and alarm systems. (2) Demonstrate experience with HVAC and controls system installation for biosecure zones.
9. Electrical Renovation. Demonstrate experience with design, installation, renovation and/or replacement of electrical control systems and power distribution to equipment and to redundant components.
10. Describe the parties involved and the contractual teaming relationships for the projects submitted above.
Comments will be shared with the Government and the project design team, but otherwise will be held in strict confidence.
THIS NOTICE IS NOT A RFP. It is a market research tool being utilized to determine the availability of potential qualified contractors before determining the method of acquisition. In addition, this source sought is not to be considered as a commitment by the Government, nor will the Government pay for any information solicited or delivered.
Interested parties who consider themselves qualified to perform the above-listed requirement are invited to submit a response to this sources sought notice no later than 20 November 2020 by Noon (EST). All responses under this Sources Sought Notice must be emailed to Leigha Arnold, Contract Specialist – firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the source sought notice number W912DR21R0006.
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted or acknowledged, and no feedback or evaluations will be provided to companies regarding their submissions. If you have any questions concerning this opportunity please contact: Leigha Arnold via email – email@example.com.
Please note that vendors not registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database prior to award of contracts will not be eligible for an award. Vendors must all be registered in SAM under the applicable NAICS code 236220 as indicated in the advertised RFP to be considered for award. Vendors may register for SAM online at www.sam.gov or by calling 1.866.606.8220