THIS SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR BIDS/PROPOSAL.
No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this notice or any follow-up information requests.
This is a SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE for Market Research ONLY to determine the availability of Brand Name Items.
The United States Army Corps of Engineers, Baltimore District intends to include the following proprietary items in a solicitation for a construction acquisition under the authority of FAR 6.302-1(c)(1), only one responsible source and no other supplies or services will satisfy agency requirements. This project may include a Brand Name only component, as described below, unless the results of this sources sought notification indicates otherwise.
This notification serves three purposes: (1) to notify potential Offerors of the Government's intent to solicit a brand name only component under a future construction project; (2) to identify potential sources that can provide the brand name only item and/or equivalent; (3) notification of the Army's intent to contract sole source for a Brand Name Only, if the market is unable to provide 'equivalent' products.
In the event no equivalent equipment exists, the Brand Name Only justification will be issued pursuant to FAR Part 6.302-1(c)(1), "Only one responsible source and no other supplies or services will satisfy agency requirements". A subsequent market survey will not be published in support of a Justification and Approval (J&A) for sole sourcing the resultant product(s) or system(s) in the event an equivalent product is not submitted for consideration. In such instances, the brand name or equal component will be embedded in the construction project that will be issued/solicited competitively. Only that part of the project requiring brand name components will be sole source if no sources are able to prove an equal product.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENT: The construction project will include Brand Name only equipment as follows:
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) by Open Systems International (OSI)
- Electrical Relays/Devices by Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL)
- Energy Management Control Systems (EMCS) by Automated Logic Corporation (ALC)
- Door Hardware-Access Control, 2C Series by Securitech
- Fire Alarm System by Siemens
- Locking Manhole Covers by Neenah Foundry
- Manhole Lock Bolts by McGard
- Fire Alarm Monitoring Controller by Keltron
- Network Switches/Routers by Cisco
- Air Aspirating Type Smoke Detection (VESDA) by Xtralis
- Area of Refuge Call System by Avisa
- Secure Link Communications Integrator Incorporated (CII)
- Door 2980B Lockset: Sargent & Co
- Medeco Cylinders
- Raised Access Floor – Tate SnapLock Bolted Stringers
- Raised Access Floor – Concore Cementitious Filled Tiles
- Raised Access Floor – PosiTile by Shaw Carpet
- Chemical Treatment of Water for Mechanical Systems (ChemTreat)
- Chemical Treatment Webmaster Control Panel – WalChem
- Door Hardware Trilogy locksets
- Door Hardware Schlage locksets
- 34.5kv Pad Mounted Switchgear – G&W
Interested vendors must show clear and convincing evidence that alternatives to the specified items exist. Interested vendors wishing to be considered by the Government as described above must provide a copy of its brochure and any other capability statements/ data no later than 13 November 2020, 11:00 AM EST, to Contract Specialist, Sierra Marshall, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Baltimore District, Contracting Division, via email to Sierra.email@example.com.
This is a market survey and notification of intent only. This is not a request to respond to a solicitation. A determination by the Government to compete this proposed contract based upon responses to this notice is solely within the direction of the Government.