Description of Work: This is a Sources Sought Notice and is for information purposes only
THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS, QUOTATIONS, OR BIDS.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Philadelphia District, intends to award a firm fixed contract to perform Maintenance Dredging of New Jersey Intra-coastal Waterway, Maurice River & Adjacent New Jersey Waterways
Contract work will consist of Maintenance Dredging of the New Jersey Intracoastal Waterway, Maurice River and Adjacent Waterways to include dredging to clear shoals, dike building/containment to safely contain the quantity of dredged material where appropriate and placement involving beneficial use and marsh restoration alternatives will be utilized where permitted and appropriate. Contractor must have capability to operate 2 dredges concurrently – one 10-12 in and one 12-14 in hydraulic pipeline dredge. Disposal facilities will be provided by the Government and may be upland disposal facilities or marsh/shoreline restoration.
Options are included for containment of work and additional work along the waterways should more funding and need become available. Due to environmental restrictions, dredging must occur within a window from 1 June through 31 December for any locations north of Absecon Inlet. Additional environmental windows may be dictated based on the location of beneficial use placement alternatives. Due to the specialized nature of the work, contractor must be able to demonstrate prior experience on navigation dredging projects involving beneficial use placement techniques on environmentally sensitive coastal marshes and wetlands.
The NAICS Code for this project is 237990 Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction and the small business size standard is $39.5 Million. Estimated cost range of the project is $5 – $10 Million dollars.
Responses to this Sources Sought Announcement will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. Narratives are requested with the following information, which shall not exceed a total of eight (8) pages.
1. Offeror’s name, address, points of contact with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
2. Business size/classification to include any designations as Small Business, HUBZone, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, 8(a), Women-Owned small businesses shall be indicated on first page of submission.
3. Provide construction bonding level per single contract/task order. Provide the aggregate sum total construction bonding level. Provide both capabilities which must be expressed in U.S. dollars; along with current available bonding capacity.
4. Description of capability to perform similar or same projects listed above, manage subcontractors, prepare and comply with various environmental and construction permits, and capacity to execute this project with other ongoing construction contracts.
5. Past performance/experience on projects of similar scope and magnitude, describing no more than five (5) projects that are at least 50% construction complete within the past five years. The past performance information should include project title, location, general description of the construction to demonstrate relevance to the proposed projects, the Offeror’s role, dollar value of contract, and name of the company, agency or government entity for which the work was performed with contact information (reference name, phone number and e-mail address).
Responses should be sent to Frederick Conway, at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 30, 2022 at 3:00 PM EST.