This announcement constitutes a Sources Sought (market survey). This announcement is for information and planning purposes only and is not to be constructed as a commitment by the Government, implied or otherwise, to issue a solicitation or award a contract. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS, QUOTATIONS OR BIDS.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Honolulu District, requests letters of interest from PRIME CONTRACTORS interested in performing work on a potential Design-Bid-Build Construction for the PN96540 Child Development Center, Aliamanu Military Reservation, Oahu, Hawaii
This firm-fixed price, design-bid-build (DBB) project includes construction of a one-story standard design large CDC which provides child-care services for 338 children from ages 6 weeks up to 5 years old. The Large CDC building gross building area is 37,300 sf. The facility includes (3) playgrounds with a total playground area of 38,311 sf. The supporting facility includes parking lots, a pump house and a water tank for fire protection purpose. The project utilizes LEED V4 Silver certification as mandated by USACE policy.
Project magnitude is between $25,000,000 and $100,000,000.
Interested PRIME CONTRACTORS shall submit the following:
(1) Your intent to submit a proposal for this project when it is formally advertised.
(2) Name of firm with address, phone, and point of contact.
(3) DUNS/CAGE code, registered in System for Award Management (SAM) at www.sam.gov
(4) Size of Firm (Large or Small), to include category of small business, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), and/or Women Owned Small Business (WOSB).
(5) Bonding capability for single contract action in the magnitude of this project/
(6) Statement of Capability (SOC) stating your skills, experience, knowledge, and equipment required to perform the specified type of work. The SOC should be no more than two pages in length.
(7) PROJECT LABOR AGREEMENT MARKET SURVEY:
1) Do you have knowledge that a PLA has been used in the local area on projects of this kind? If so, please provide supporting documentation.
2) Are you aware of skilled labor shortages in the area for those crafts that will be needed to complete the referenced project? If so, please elaborate and provide supporting documentation where possible.
3) Are you aware of time sensitive issues/scheduling requirements that would affect the rate at which the referenced project should be completed? If so, please elaborate and provide supporting documentation where possible.
4) Identify specific reasons why or how you believe a PLA would advance the Federal Governments interest in achieving economy and efficiency in federal procurement.
5) Identify specific reasons why you do not believe a PLA would advance the Federal Governments interest in achieving economy and efficiency in federal procurement.
6) Identify any additional information you believe should be considered on the use of a PLA on the referenced project.
7) Identify any additional information you believe should be considered on the non-use of a PLA on the referenced project.
(ii) The information gathered in this exercise should include the following information on projects completed in the last 2-5 years:
1) Project Name and Location
2) Detailed Project Description
3) Initial Cost Estimate vs. Actual Final Cost
4) Was the project completed on time?
5) Number of craft trades present on the project
6) Was a PLA used?
7) Were there any challenges experienced during the project?
Responses to this announcement will be used by Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. NO SOLICITATION IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. It is a market research tool being utilized to determine the availability of potential qualified contractors before determining the method acquisition.