1. General. This is a SOURCES SOUGHT and is for informational/market research purposes only. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL, QUOTATION OR BID, NOR A SYNOPSIS OF A PROPOSED CONTRACT ACTION UNDER FAR SUBPART 5.2.
2. Contract Information. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Northwestern Division, Portland District (CENWP) is anticipates soliciting an Invitation For Bids contract for the repair of the Bonneville Dam Powerhouse 2 Elevator. The proposed project will be a competitive, firm-fixed price (FFP) contract. Responses to this Sources Sought announcement will be used by the Government to make, if appropriate, a small business set-aside acquisition strategy decision. This Sources Sought is to gain knowledge of the interest, capabilities, and qualifications of the small business members of the industry, to include: Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Businesses to include 8(a) firms, Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone), Economically Disadvantaged Women- Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) and/or Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small business (SDVOSB) are highly encouraged to respond.
3. Minimum Technically Acceptable Contractor Expertise Criteria: The Contractor must demonstrate through references, project lists, or reports, they possess experience as it relates to this project. A maximum of two projects will be accepted for review. Note: The Government may consider the relevant past experience and past performance of key individuals and predecessor companies in evaluating the company's past experience and past performance factors.
North American Industrial Classification Code (NAICS): NAICS Code 238290 – Other Building Equipment Contractors. The size standard: $16.5M Federal Service Code: Y1KA Construction of Dams.
Point of Contact for small business questions or assistance is the Portland District Deputy for Small Business, Carol McIntyre at 503-808-4602 or Carol.A.Mcintyre@usace.army.mil.
Project Description. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Portland District, has a requirement to Refurbishing the Elevators at Bonneville Dam, Powerhouse 2. Passenger and freight elevators in the U.S. Corps of Engineers dams and navigation locks are typically older than 50 years and need rehabilitation. There are two original construction (1982) freight electric traction elevators located within the Bonneville Dam Powerhouse 2 security perimeter that need rehabilitation.
This project includes a change in use from ‘Freight’ to ‘Freight Permitted to Carry Passengers’, as well as refurbishment of the following components:
- Elevator machine rooms, hoistways, and pits.
- Elevator equipment: hoist motor and gearbox, governor, and controller.
- Elevator cabs: frame, platform, and all hoisting components and connections.
- Elevator fire protection system: detection, annunciation, fire fighter station, and phase recall.
- Elevator emergency phones and intercom.
- Machine room environmental control.
- Hoistway and machine room smoke control.
- Electrical feeder, circuit protection, lighting, and receptacles.
- Automated roller doors to cover and seal elevator door openings at each landing as a means to manage smoke control.
Contract duration is estimated to be approximately 30 Months. The estimated Magnitude of Construction for this project is between $1,000,000 and $5,000,000.
4. Submission Instructions. Responses to this Sources Sought notice must be submitted electronically (via email) SUBJECT: W9127N21B0004 Bonneville Powerhouse II Elevators Rehabilitation. Please send to Charles Boswell, Contract Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2:00 pm Pacific Standard Time Friday, 20 November 2020. All responses must be received by the specified time and due date to be reviewed. All successfully submitted responses will receive an acknowledgement by return email. ANY RESPONSES RECEIVED AFTER THE SPECIFIED DATE AND TIME WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
A Firm's response to this Sources Sought shall be limited to five (5) pages and shall include the following information:
a. Firm's name, address, point of contact, phone number, e-mail address, CAGE and DUNS number, and the Construction Bonding Level per contract.
b. Firm's small business category and Business Size: Small Business, Small Disadvantaged, 8(a) firm, Historically underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone), Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), and/or Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small business (SDVOSB).
c. Provide relevant information on the Firm's experience/Capabilities as it pertains to the proposed work outlined in the Project Description.
d. Provide a maximum of two examples of projects similar in size, scope and complexity with a brief description of each project, customer name, timeliness of performance, contract number, customer satisfaction and the dollar value.
The Government may verify information in CPARS or PPIRS.
5. Disclaimer and Important Notes. This notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this Sources Sought or any follow up information. The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate. Any organization responding to this notice should ensure that its response is complete and sufficiently detailed to allow the Government to determine the organization's qualifications to perform the work. Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or to provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. After a review of the responses, a solicitation may be published in beta.SAM.gov. However, responses to this notice are not adequate responses to a solicitation.
All interested firms must be registered in the System for Award Management
(SAM) at https://www.sam.gov and remain current for the duration of the contract
to be eligible for award of a Government contract.