Market Research and Sources Sought Notice for information on capability and availability of contractors to perform new construction for USACE customer in the Florida panhandle.
The purpose of this Market Research and Sources Sought Notice is to acquire information on the number and capability of qualified small business firms interested in a prospective procurement of construction services at Eglin AFB in Northwest Florida. This is a Sources Sought Notice, NOT a solicitation announcement. Accordingly, no contract award will result from this Sources Sought Notice, as it does not constitute a commitment by the Government. Responses to this Sources Sought Notice will be used by the government in making an appropriate acquisition decision.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Mobile District, anticipates the construction of a new, two lane paved bypass road along the northern boundary of existing test area (TA), range D-51 at Eglin Air Force Base. The new road will intersect Range road 218 at the southwest and northeast corners. The bypass road will be constructed outside of the controlled perimeter north of the range boundary. Construction will include land clearing and grubbing, rough and finish grading, earthwork, fill and compaction, drainage ditches, concrete culverts, hydro-seeding, new asphaltic concrete pavement, striping, signage, reflective pavement markers, and best management practices.
The estimated price range is $1-5 million. Proposed construction duration of 180 calendar days. Sources are being sought for firms with a North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code of 237310, Highway, Street and Bridge Construction, with a Small Business Size Standard of $39.5 million. Responses should include the following information and shall not exceed a total of eight pages:
1. Offeror’s name, address, points of contact with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
2. Business size/classification to include any designations as Small Business, HUBZone, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, 8(a), Women-Owned shall be indicated on first page of submission.
3. Bonding capability (construction bonding level per single contract/task order and aggregate construction bonding level, both expressed in dollars along with current available bonding capacity.
4. Description of capability to perform projects similar to that listed above, to manage subcontractors, to prepare and comply with various environmental and construction permits, and capacity to perform this contract in conjunction with ongoing construction contracts.
5. Describe projects of similar scope and magnitude as listed above that you have completed in the past ten years and the quality of your performance. The past performance information should include project title, location, general description of the construction to demonstrate similarity to the project listed above, the Offeror’s role (i.e., prime contractor, subcontractor, etc.), dollar value of contract, duration, and name of the company, agency or government entity for which the work was performed with contact information (reference name, phone number and e-mail address).
NO HARDCOPY RESPONSES WILL BE ACCEPTED. ALL RESPONSES WILL BE ELECTRONIC and submitted in pdf format to the following email address: “Danielle.firstname.lastname@example.org”. The subject line of the email shall reference the Market Research number in the announcement and submittals are due no later than 25 September 2021. Electronic submittals will be retained for future reference; however, they are to be considered source sensitive and not subject to public disclosure.