SOURCES SOUGHT TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION FOR SERVICES
Roland Printer Warranty
The U.S. Army Mission and Installation Contracting Command, Fort Knox, Kentucky is issuing this sources sought synopsis as a means of conducting market research to identify potential sources having an interest and industry technologies available to provide Brand Name Roland XR-640 and XF-640 Wide Format Printers Three Year Warranty. The intention is to procure these services on a competitive basis.
BASED ON THE RESPONSES TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE/MARKET RESEARCH, THIS REQUIREMENT MAY BE SET-ASIDE FOR SMALL BUSINESSES (IN FULL OR IN PART) OR PROCURED THROUGH FULL AND OPEN COMPETITION, and multiple awards MAY be made. All Small Business Set-Aside categories will be considered. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted or acknowledged, and no feedback or evaluations will be provided to companies regarding their submissions.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE
Mission Support Battalion, 185, 9th Cavalry Regiment Ave, Building 206, Fort Knox, KY, 40121
“THIS SOURCES SOUGHT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A “REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)” TO BE SUBMITTED. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT. RESPONSES IN ANY FORM ARE NOT OFFERS AND THE GOVERNMENT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO AWARD A CONTRACT AS A RESULT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. NO FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE TO PAY FOR PREPARATION OF RESPONSES TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. ANY INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY RESPONDENTS TO THIS TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY. RESPPONSES WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO THE RESPONDER. NOT RESPONDING TO THIS NOTICE DOES NOT PRECLUDE PARTICIPATION IN ANY FUTURE REQUEST FOR QUOTE (RFQ) OR INVITATION FOR BID (IFB) OR RFP, IF ANY ISSUED. IF A SOLICITATION IS RELEASED, IT WILL BE SYNOPSIZED ON THE GOVERNMENT-WIDE POINT OF ENTRY (GPE). IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF POTENTIAL OFFERORS TO MONITOR THE GPE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMMATION PERTAINING TO THIS REQUIREMENT.”
The Contractor shall provide documentation that indicates they are authorized resellers of Roland Warranties and are a part of Roland Authorized Service Center. Further detail is provided in the draft Statement of Work (SOW) attached to this announcement (Attachment 1).
If your organization has the potential capacity to perform these contract services, please provide the following information: 1) Organization name, address, email address, Web site address, telephone number, and size and type of ownership for the organization; and 2) Tailored capability statements addressing the particulars of this effort, with appropriate documentation supporting claims of organizational and staff capability. If significant subcontracting or teaming is anticipated in order to deliver technical capability, organizations should address the administrative and management structure of such arrangements.
The Government will evaluate market information to ascertain potential market capacity to: 1) provide services consistent, in scope and scale, with those described in this notice and otherwise anticipated; 2) secure and apply the full range of corporate financial, human capital, and technical resources required to successfully perform similar requirements; 3) implement a successful project management plan that includes: compliance with tight program schedules; cost containment; meeting and tracking performance; hiring and retention of key personnel and risk mitigation; and 4) provide services under a performance based service acquisition contract.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: See the attached SOW, Attachment 1.
The applicable NAICS code for this requirement is 811212, Computer and Office Machine Repair and Maintenance, with a Small Business Size Standard of $30,000,000. The Product Service Code is J070 – Maintenance and Repair of Automatic Data Processing Equipment, Software, Supplies and Support Equipment. Businesses of all sizes are encouraged to respond; however, each respondent must clearly identify their business size in their capabilities statement.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND SUBMISSION DETAILS (CAPABILITIES STATEMENT)
A draft SOW are attached for review. (Attachment 1)
Interested parties are requested to submit a capabilities statement of no more than five (5) pages in length in Arial font of not less than 12 pitch. The deadline for response to this request is no later than 2 pm, EST, 8 September 2020. All responses under this Sources Sought Notice must be e-mailed to James D. Gnagie at email@example.com.
This documentation shall address at a minimum the following items:
1. What type of work has your company performed in the past in support of the same or similar requirement?
2. Can or has your company managed a task of this nature? If so, please provide details.
3. Can or has your company managed a team of subcontractors before? If so, provide details.
4. What specific technical skills does your company possess which ensure capability to perform the tasks?
5. Please note that under a Small-Business Set-Aside, in accordance with FAR 52.219-14, the small business prime must perform at least 50% of the work themselves in terms of the cost of performance. Provide an explanation of your company’s ability to perform at least 50% of the tasking described in this PBSOW for the base period as well as the option periods.
6. Provide a statement including current small/large business status and company profile to include number of employees, annual revenue history, office locations, DUNs number, etc.
7. Respondents to this notice also must indicate whether they qualify as a Small, Small Disadvantaged, Women-Owned, HUBZone, or Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Concern.
8. Include in your response your ability to meet the requirements in the Facility and Safeguarding requirements.
9. Documentation that indicates they are authorized resellers of Roland Warranties and are a part of Roland Authorized Service Center.
10. Identify any condition or action that may be having the effect of unnecessarily restricting competition with respect to this acquisition and identify alternatives or solution solutions. Also contact the MICC Advocate for Competition, Scott Kukes, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-466-3015, if you believe that this action is unreasonably restricting competition. Include the subject of the acquisition, this announcement, and the MICC POC information from the Sources Sought Synopsis. Provide the specific aspects that unreasonably restrict competition and the rationale for such conclusion.
The estimated period of performance consists of 1 November 2020 to 30 October 2023, without option periods, with performance commencing in November 2020.
The contract type is anticipated to be Firm-Fixed-Price (FFP).
The proposed contract is anticipated to include tasking that would be accomplished by labor categories that are subject to the Service Contract Act or a collective bargaining agreement.
Upon evaluation of the capability statements, if it is determined that this requirement will be an unrestricted competition, the Government intends to evaluate the Small-Business responses and conduct further market research to identify a subcontracting goal.
Your response to this Sources Sought, including any capabilities statement, shall be electronically submitted to the Contract Specialist, James D. Gnagie, in either Microsoft Word or Portable Document Format (PDF), via email email@example.com. Email subject line shall contain Source Sought Notice W9124D20Q6502 – Roland Printer Warranty
All data received in response to this Sources Sought that is marked or designated as corporate or proprietary will be fully protected from any release outside the Government.
No phone calls will be accepted.
All questions shall be submitted to the contract specialist identified above. The Government is not committed nor obligated to pay for the information provided, and no basis for claims against the Government shall arise as a result of a response to this Sources Sought.