Project Title: FY22 USACE LRD Regional Construction Management Services Multiple Award Task Order Contract (MATOC)
THIS NOTICE IS BEING POSTED ACROSS ALL SEVEN U.S ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS (USACE) DISTRICTS WITHIN THE GREAT LAKES AND OHIO RIVER DIVISION (LRD). ONLY ONE RESPONSE IS REQUESTED PER FIRM.
USACE, LRD which is comprised of Buffalo District, Chicago District, Detroit District, Huntington District, Louisville District, Nashville District and Pittsburgh District, has a requirement for various Construction Management Services MATOCs (detailed below).
LRD is preparing for a potential bill that supports the American Jobs Plan. The potential value of Construction Management Services (CMS) for LRD is between $200M-300M over approximately five years. These MATOCs will be utilized to support the American Jobs Plan, which is an investment in America that will create millions of jobs, rebuild America's infrastructure, and position the United States to out-compete China. For more information, visit www.whitehouse.gov//american-jobs-plan/
THIS IS A NOTICE FOR SOURCES SOUGHT ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL OR INVITATION FOR BID. THERE IS NO BID PACKAGE, SOLICITATION, SPECIFICATION OR DRAWINGS AVAILABLE WITH THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A PROCUREMENT COMMITMENT BY USACE, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. NO CONTRACT WILL BE AWARDED FROM THIS SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT. RESPONSE IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY; NO REIMBURSEMENT WILL BE MADE FOR ANY COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH PROVIDING INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT OR ANY FOLLOW-UP INFORMATION REQUESTS. THE GOVERNMENT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR OR SUFFER ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR IMPROPER IDENTIFIED INFORMATION.
The purpose of this sources sought announcement is to gain knowledge of interested, capable, and all qualified businesses including, but not limited to Small Business, 8(a) Small Business Development Program, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, HUBZone, Women-Owned small business firms and Large Business. The anticipated North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code for this work is 541611, Administrative Management and General Management Consulting Services, with a small business size standard of $16.5 million.
It is the intent of LRD to award several MATOCs to establish a diverse pool of contractors to cover the region. The actual number of MATOCs, minimum and maximum task order/contract size, and socio-economic set-asides for the resulting contracts will be determined after the completion of market research, which includes an analysis of the sources sought capabilities statements received.
The contract/s will be within the LRD mission boundaries and will consist of providing professional, administrative and management services for CMS support at various civil and military construction offices/projects. Duration of the IDIQ contract is five (5) years. Each request for CMS services will be ordered by “task order” under a solicitation to the contractors. All task order work is considered to be non-personal services and will have a duration set forth with each task order.
SUPPORT SERVICES: The support services may include, but are not limited to:
1. Full or part time on-site construction inspection/oversight with special consideration for safety, as set forth both by OSHA and Corps of Engineers safety Manual (EM 385-1-1);
2. Review of submittals, safety plans and shop drawings for contract compliance;
3. Review of actual Construction work performed to evaluate compliance with contract terms, contract schedule and make recommendations for contractor’s monthly earnings;
4. General office engineering duties such as drafting change documents, preparing cost estimates, reviewing schedules (CPM analysis), drafting correspondence, reviewing contractor proposals, participating in various communications with contractors, customers and internal staff, records establishment and maintenance;
5. Participate/attend quality assurance and safety meetings with contractors;
6. Coordinating work activities with customers and contractors;
7. Preparing daily quality assurance reports and other incidental reports;
8. Provide technical expertise related to structural steel erection, painting, masonry, site work, interior finishes, roofing, electrical, mechanical, civil, welding, NFPA Life Safety Code, materials and other testing as well asother expertise/service related to construction for both civil and military projects;
9. Providing computer expertise in commonly used software for letters, data base, spreadsheet, communications and other applications as appropriate;
10. Construction management for over-all surveillance and management of construction projects from conducting preconstruction conferences through final inspection and close-out;
11. Providing engineering technical, clerical, and administrative support personnel related to the above services, including contract interpretation and recommendations;
12. Provide expert testimony, opinions, and/or reports in connection with any of the expertise and projects assigned as part of this contract in support of change/ claim/ dispute administration;
13. HTRW certified staff may be required for oversight of hazardous waste removal and disposal.
DISCIPLINES AND SKILLS: The CMS services may consist of, but are not limited to, the following disciplines and skills:
1. Medical Gases (NFPA 99)
2. Life Safety Code (NFPA 101)
3. National Electric Code (NFPA 70)
4. Plumbing (IPC)
5. Fire Protection Systems (NFPA 13 & 72)
6. HVAC/TAB (ASHRAE/AABC/NEBB)
7. Building Commissioning
8. Communications & Security (IT, Nurse Call/Code Blue, Imaging & IDS/PACS, ICD 705)
9. Biomedical Engineering (CT, PET, CATH, MRI, etc.)
10. Transport/Equipment (Patient Lifts, Elevators, Transport Systems, Pneumatic Tube, Food Service, Sterilizers, Mortuary, & Laboratory)
12. Welding Inspection
13. Painting and Metalizing Inspection
14. Environmental HAZWOPER, site sampling (40 hour HTRW course and current 8 hour refresher)
15. Airfield Paving and Concrete
PERSONNEL: Personnel include but are not limited to the following:
1. Contract Surveillance
2. Engineering Technician Levels I through IV (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical)
3. Engineering Technician (Materials)
4. Industrial Hygienist
5. Senior and/or Junior Draftsman
6. Project Scheduler
7. Cost Estimator
Market Research will determine which of the seven districts executes the base IDIQ contract/s. District offices are located in Louisville, KY; Nashville, TN; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Huntington, WV; Pittsburgh, PA; and Buffalo, NY. The LRD mission boundaries encompass the following states (or part of the state): Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Tennessee, Alabama, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.
The estimated award date for these contracts is 2nd quarter of FY22.
If interested in any of the above scope of work, respond to this sources sought notice by completing the attached survey “CMS Sources Sought Response Form.docx” AND submitting the project information required in numbers #11-13 of the attached survey via email to the address below.
Responses must be received no later than 05:00 P.M. Central Time, on Wednesday, September 22, 2021. The point of contract concerning this notice is Jessica Baker. If you have questions, please send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.