09/09/2020 – THIS IS A SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS. THIS SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY TO DETERMINE THE INTEREST AND AVAILABILITY OF POTENTIAL QUALIFIED CONTRACTORS. THERE WILL NOT BE A SOLICITATION, SPECIFICATIONS, OR DRAWINGS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
The Norfolk District, Army Corps of Engineers is anticipating a future procurement for a Firm Fixed Price, Construction contract, for DoDEA Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Repair at Fort Bragg, NC and Camp Lejeune, NC.
Description of Work:
The Norfolk District Corps of Engineers is seeking eligible small business firms capable of Preventative maintenance and repair services in support of the Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) – America’s facilities located at Fort Bragg, North Carolina and Camp Lejeune, North Carolina. The services provided under this proposed contract encompass a wide range of facilities services such as operation and maintenance of heating and cooling systems, kitchen equipment, facility control systems, safety and security, playgrounds, roofs, and other facility systems and components. These services must be provided on an ongoing basis without protracted lapse to ensure that the building systems continue to operate efficiently and safely for the benefit of the students and teachers that inhabit them. The facilities under this action include twenty (20) facilities comprised of sixteen (16) schools and four (4) support facilities at the above installations, totaling approximately 1.7M GSF.
The anticipated solicitation issuance timeframe is on or about December 2020, and the estimated award timeframe will be in March 2021. Services to perform this work will be procured through an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Contract which will be a four-year contract. Task Orders under the IDIQ contract will be issued in accordance with site improvement needs. The total contract award will not exceed $4M for the four-year contract. The construction period of performance will vary depending on the task order. The official synopsis citing the solicitation number will be issued on the System for Award Management website (Beta.Sam.gov) which will invite firms to register electronically to receive a copy of the solicitation when it is issued.
In accordance with FAR 36/DFARs 236, the estimated contract price range for this project is between $1,000,000.00 and $5,000,000.00. NAICS Code 236220 applies with a small business size standard of $16,500,000.00. Offerors will be evaluated on a best-value tradeoff basis with a combination of price and non-price factors. The Government is not obligated to and will not pay for any information received from potential sources as a result of this synopsis.
General Information Requested:
- Company name, address, phone number, and point of contact.
- Indicate business size in relation to the NAICS code 236220. Provide your company’s Cage code and DUNS number to verify your business status as a qualified Small Business (SB), Service Disabled Veteran Owned SB (SDVOSB), Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZones), Qualified Section 8(a), Women-Owned or other than small business. Contractors must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) at time of contract award, Please see www.sam.gov for additional registration information.
- Provide a narrative describing primary business lines and the geographic regions your company serves. Narratives shall be no longer than five (5) pages demonstrating experience in a similar type of work as described above, at similar contract values, and in a similar locations.
- Does your company, through in-house forces or subcontract support, have the technical capability and capacity to provide preventive maintenance and repair services for the facilities and locations as described above?
- Do you foresee any issues in being able to successfully perform these services how the Government has grouped these facilities geographically? If so, please explain.
- The Government intends to include a limit of liability in these contracts for repairs the Contractor would be responsible for under the firm-fixed price portion of this contract. For context, this limit was initially $5000 per occurrence but was recently increased to $20,000 per occurrence, with up to ‘4’ incidents per contract year.
- Does this larger limit of liability detract from your interest in this solicitation? If so, why?
- Would fewer occurrences increase your interest?
- Given the cost to award a task order is significant with respect to small repair requirements, how do you suggest the Government accommodates these small repairs most efficiently?
The Government will utilize this information in determining an acquisition strategy. Please state all of the socio-economic categories in which your company belongs (8(a), Hub-zone, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Woman Owned). Please submit capability packages electrically to email Axel.F.Doody@usace.army.mil and cc’d Eartha.D.Garrett@usace.army.mil
The capability statement must be submitted not later than 23 September 2020 (14 days) by 2:00 PM EST. Limit capability briefing package to 5 pages. This sources sought should not be construed in any manner to be an obligation of the U.S. Corps of Engineers, Norfolk District to issue a contract, or result in any claim for reimbursement of costs for any effort you expend responding to this request. All information submitted will be considered procurement sensitive and is being used as a market research tool only. No solicitation is currently available.
All prospective contractors are required to be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database prior to contract award. Offerors and contractors may obtain information on registration and annual confirmation requirements by calling 1-866-606-8220 or via the Internet at https://www.sam.gov. Representations and Certifications Applications apply to this solicitation. Representations and Certifications may be completed online via the SAM. The Point of Contact for this requirement is Axel Doody, Email: Axel.F.Doody@usace.army.mil, Phone: 757-201-7712 and Eartha D. Garrett, Email: Eartha.D.Garrett@usace.army.mil, Phone: 757-201-7131.