This is a Sources Sought Notice ONLY. The U.S. Government has a requirement for two SNOW PUSHERS for the Department of Works at West Point Military Academy, West Point, NY in accordance on a small business set-aside basis, provided 2 or more qualified small businesses respond to this sources sought synopsis with information sufficient to support a set-aside. Be advised that the U.S. Government will not be able to set aside this requirement if 2 or more small businesses do not respond with information to support the set-aside. We encourage all small businesses, in all socioeconomic categories (including, 8(a) Business Development Program, Small Disadvantage Business, Historically Underutilized Business Zone, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Women-Owned Small Business concerns), to identify their capabilities in meeting the requirement at a fair market price.
This notice is issued solely for information and planning purposes – it does not constitute a Request for Quote (RFQ)/Invitation for Bid (IFB)/Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFQ, IFB or RFP in the future. This notice does not commit the U.S. Government to contract for any supply or service. Further, the U.S. Government is not seeking quotes, bids or proposals at this time and will not accept unsolicited proposals in response to this sources sought notice. The U.S. Government will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this notice. Submittals will not be returned to the responder. Not responding to this notice does not preclude participation in any future RFQ or IFB or RFP, if any is issued. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the Government wide Point of Entry. It is the responsibility of potential offerors to monitor the government wide Point of Entry for additional information pertaining to this requirement. The anticipated NAICS code(s) is 333120 – Snow plow attachments, Blades for graders, scrapers, bulldozers, and snowplows manufacturing, the associated size standard of less than 1,250 employees.
This equipment will be used by the West Point Department of Public Works clearing streets throughout the West Point Military Community.
A need is anticipated to procure QTY 1 each type of the following Snow Pushers:
Brand Name or Equal to the following:
Item: Snow Fire – Kage brand 10’ plow/pusher with quick attach for John Deer 6110 Tractor
Item Snow Storm- Kage brand 12’ snowstorm plow/pusher for Hyundia Q- attach coupler
Item: Snow Storm- Kage brand 14’ snowstorm plow pusher for JRB 416 coupler
In response to this sources sought, please provide:
- Name of the firm, point of contact, phone number, email address, DUNS number, CAGE code, a statement regarding small business status (including small business type(s)/certifications(s) such as SDB, 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB,GSA, etc.) and the corresponding NAICS code.
- Identify whether your firm is interested in competing for this requirement as a prime contractor or not. Identify subcontracting, joint ventures or teaming arrangement that will be pursued, if any.
- Information in sufficient detail regarding previous experience (indicate whether as a prime contractor or subcontractor) on similar requirements (include size, scope, complexity, timeframe, government or commercial), pertinent certifications, etc., that will facilitate making a capability determination.
4. Information to help determine if the requirement for Snow Pusher 10’, 12’ and 14’ are commercially available, including pricing information, basis for the pricing information (e.g., market pricing, catalog pricing), delivery schedules, customary terms and conditions, warranties, etc.
- Identify how the Army can best structure these contract requirements to facilitate competition by and among small business concerns.
- Identify any condition or action that may be having the effect of unnecessarily restricting competition with respect to this acquisition. If you believe that this action is unreasonably restricting competition please indicate this in your response. Include the subject of the acquisition, this announcement, and the MICC POC information from the FedBizOpps notice. Provide the specific aspects that unreasonably restrict competition and the rationale for such conclusion.
- Recommendations to improve the approach/specifications/draft PWS/PRS to acquiring the identified items/services.
8. Please send all responses to the MICC Purchasing Agent, Sonya Van Valkenburg, at Sonya.D.Vanvalkenburg.email@example.com,and be sure to include the Sources Sought Notice W911SD-20-R-0174 in your email subject line to prevent your reply from being deleted as SPAM.