SOURCES SOUGHT SYNOPSIS
This is a Sources Sought Notice ONLY. The U.S. Government currently intends to award a contract to the County of Alameda to provide 9-1-1 Dispatch Service & Communications Equipment for the Parks Reserve Forces Training Area (PRFTA) Police Department at Parks RFTA, Dublin, California for a Period of Performance of 1 year from 15 December 2021 through 14 December 2026. The current 9-1-1 Dispatch Service and Communications Equipment services are fulfilled by contract # W912CJ-15-C-0005 on a SOLE SOURCE basis, but is seeking other Small Business vendors that may be able to perform this requirement in order to support a competitive procurement. Accordingly, the U.S. Government highly encourages all interested SBA certified Small Businesses to respond to this Sources Sought Synopsis. All interested Small Businesses, in all socioeconomic categories (including, 8(a) Business Development Program, Small Disadvantage Business, Historically Underutilized Business Zone, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Women-Owned Small Business concerns), must describe their identifying capabilities in providing all required instructors, translators and curriculum materials at a fair market price on the short timeline with a PoP beginning on 15 December 2021.
The proposed sole source Firm Fixed Price contract is planned to be sole sourced to County of Alameda for 9-1-1 Dispatch Service & Communications Equipment for the Parks Reserve Forces Training Area (PRFTA) Police Department at Parks RFTA, Dublin, California. The statutory authority for the sole source procurement is 10 United States Code (USC) 3304(c)(1) or 41 USC 3304 (a)(1) as implemented in Federal Acquisition Regulation 6.302-1(a)(2)(iii) entitled “Only One Responsible Source and No Other Supplies or Services Will Satisfy Agency Requirements.” Attached are the requirements draft Performance Work Statement (PWS) and Performance Requirements Summary (PRS).
This notice does not constitute a Request for Quote (RFQ)/Invitation for Bid (IFB)/Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFQ, IFB or RFP in the future. This notice does not commit the U.S. Government to contract for any supply or service. Further, the U.S. Government is not seeking quotes, bids or proposals at this time and will not accept unsolicited proposals in response to this sources sought notice. The U.S. Government will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this notice. Submittals will not be returned to the responder. A determination not to compete this requirement, based upon responses to this notice, is solely within the discretion of the Government. However, if a competitive solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the Government wide Point of Entry (GPE). It is the responsibility of potential offerors to monitor the GPE for additional information pertaining to this requirement. The NAICS code(s) is: 561421 entitled “Telephone Answering Services,” with a size standard of $16,500,000.
In response to this Sources Sought interested Small Business vendors are requested to provide:
- Identify any condition or action that may be having the effect of unnecessarily restricting competition with respect to this acquisition and identify alternatives or solution solutions. Also, contact the MICC Advocate for Competition, Scott Kukes, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-466-3015, if you believe that this action is unreasonably restricting competition. Include the subject of the acquisition, this announcement, and the MICC POC information from the Sources Sought Synopsis. Provide the specific aspects that unreasonably restrict competition and the rationale for such conclusion.
- Name of the firm, point of contact, phone number, email address, DUNS number, CAGE code, identify business size (large business or a small business), and if applicable, a statement regarding small business status (including small business type(s)/certifications(s) such as SDB, 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB, etc.) as well as the corresponding NAICS code.
- Identify whether your firm is interested in competing for this requirement as a prime contractor or not. Identify subcontracting, joint ventures or teaming arrangement that will be pursued, if any.
- Information in sufficient detail regarding previous experience (indicate whether as a prime contractor or subcontractor) on similar requirements (include size, scope, complexity, timeframe, government or commercial), pertinent certifications, etc., that will facilitate making a capability determination. Also please describe your firm’s capability to provide the 9-1-1 Dispatch Service & Communications Equipment by the mission partner’s required start date of 15 December 2021 for the Parks Reserve Forces Training Area (RFTA) Police Department at Parks RFTA, Dublin, California.
- Information to help determine if the requirement (item or service) is commercially available, including pricing information, basis for the pricing information (e.g., market pricing, catalog pricing), delivery schedules, customary terms and conditions, warranties, etc.
- Identify how the Army can best structure these contract requirements to facilitate competition, including competition among small business concerns.
- Recommendations to improve the Army's approach/specifications/draft PWS/PRS to acquiring the identified items/services.