Sources Sought Instructions
(1) Action Code : SOURCES SOUGHT
This is a Sources Sought Notice only. This is not a request for proposal, but a survey to locate potential sources. This Sources Sought does not constitute an Invitation for Bids, Request for Proposals, or a Request for Quotations, and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government to issue an order or otherwise pay for the information solicited, nor is it a guarantee of a forthcoming solicitation or contract. It is for market research purposes only. Respondents will not be notified of the results of the evaluation.
The purpose of this Sources Sought Notice is to gain knowledge of interest, capabilities, and qualifications of various members of industry, to include the Small Business Community: Small Business, Section 8(a), Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUB-Zone), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB), and Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). The Government must ensure there is adequate competition among the potential pool of responsible contractors. Small business, Section 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB, & EDWOSB businesses are highly encouraged to participate.
(2) Date: 03 August 2020
(3) Classification Code : 67
(4) NAICS Code: 333316
(5) NAICS Size Standard: 1,000 Employees
(6) Contracting Office Address: 2800 Powder Mill Road
Adelphi, Maryland 20783
(7) Subject: Sources Sought for two (2) compact, monochrome high speed cameras.
(8) Proposed Solicitation Number: W911QX20Q0211
(9) Sources Sought Closing Response Date: 10 August 2020
(10) Contact Point: Douglas Dennard, Contract Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
To find sources that are qualified to meet the supplies/services as listed in section 11B. Note that the specific requirements in section C are subject to change prior to the release of any solicitation.
B. Salient Characteristics
The Contractor shall provide two (2) compact high speed monochrome cameras with the following specifications:
- Dynamic range of 12-bits or greater.
- Internal recording memory of at least eight (8) gigabytes (GB).
- Image sensor resolution of at least 1024×1024 pixels.
- Maximum frame rate of 900,000 frames per second or higher.
- Light sensitivity International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 12232 Saturation-based speed value (Ssat) rating of at least 40,000 or higher.
- Electronic shutter with a minimum of 260 nanosecond (ns) or less.
- Spectral sensitivity from the visible to near-infrared regions, approximately 400 to 1000 nanometers (nm).
- Must accept an external Transistor-Transistor-Logic (TTL) trigger signal.
- Minimum one (1) year warranty.
Delivery: Four (4) weeks After Receipt of Order (ARO) Include cost of shipping and warranty within official quote. Deliver to 6375 Johnson Road, Building 321, Aberdeen Proving Ground 21005.
All interested parties should notify this office in writing, mail, fax, or e-mail within the posted date. Responses shall include:
- To what extent each of the specifications can be met.
- Include your type of business (i.e. commercial, academia), whether your organization is classified as a large or small business based on the 1,000 employees standard that accompanies NAICS code 333316. If a small business, you must also list any small disadvantaged status you hold [HUBZone, 8(a), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Women Owned Small Business (WOSB), Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), etc.].
- Past experience/performance through the description of completed projects.
(12) Responses to this sources sought are due no later than 11:59AM Eastern Time (ET), on 10 August 2020. Submissions should be emailed to Douglas Dennard, Contract Specialist, email@example.com.
Questions concerning this sources sought may be directed to Douglas Dennard, Contract Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org or Acquisition Specialist, Alex Gilliam, email@example.com. Please be advised that .zip and .exe files cannot be accepted.
(13) Place of Contract Performance:
Army Research Laboratory (ARL)
6375 Johnson Road, Building 321,
Aberdeen Proving Ground 21005
(14) Estimated Delivery Timeframe or Period of Performance: Four (4) weeks After Receipt of Order (ARO)