REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI): This notice is for market research purposes in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 10. No proposals are being requested or accepted with this notice. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR PROPOSALS AND NO CONTRACT SHALL BE AWARDED FROM THIS NOTICE. Respondents will not be notified of the results of the evaluation. It does not constitute a commitment by the US Government. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Transatlantic Expeditionary Division (TAE) anticipates a requirement for a contractor to construct a Conference Center for KAZCENT in Almaty, Kazakhstan. The contractor shall provide all management, tools, equipment, transportation, supervision and labor necessary for construction of a Conference Center for KAZCENT. The KAZCENT Conference Center is a pre-fabricated, metal, single story building/facility with a mezzanine floor. The building is rectangular in plan with the dimensions of 30.1 5×1 4.55 m. The design includes a large conference room, which could be divided into 3 smaller conference rooms with movable wall panels. Prior to construction, work includes, but is not limited to, the demolition of 2 existing buildings, and the re-routing of several utility lines which conflict with the new construction. All work must meet local Kazakhstan construction standards. The contractor shall employ local national (LN) professionals.
The anticipated solicitation will be a Request for Proposal (RFP) using the best value trade off source selection continuum. The acquisition will result in a Firm-Fixed-Price stand-alone construction contract. Offerors must be registered and active in the System for Award Management. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this notice or any follow up information requests. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract.
TITLE: CONSTRUCT KAZCENT CONFERENCE CENTER, ALMATY, KAZAKHSTAN
FULL DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
1. MAGNITUDE OF CONSTRUCTION PROJECT: $1,000,000 and $5,000,000.
2. NORTH AMERICAN INDUSTRY CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM (NAICS): 236220 Commercial and Institutional Building Construction
3. SMALL BUSINESS SIZE STANDARD: $39.5M
4. PROJECT SERVICE CODES (PSC): PSC Y1AB- Construction of Conference Space and Facilities.
5. PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Kazakhstan
FIRMS RESPONSE SHALL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
CAPABILITIES SUBMISSION / STATEMENT: Firms interested in submitting their capabilities for this notice, must include the following information in the cover letter/introduction:
(1) Company name, address, and point of contact with phone number and e-mail address;
(2) Business size determination;
(3) Company Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) and CAGE code
(4) Bonding capacity (from surety)
The Contractor capability statement shall include, but not be limited to:
1) EXPERIENCE: Provide a minimum of 2 / maximum of 4 projects completed in the past seven (7) years demonstrating previous experience performing services that demonstrate experience with projects similar to the ones identified in the DESCRIPTION above.
2) PAST PERFORMANCE: Address Past Performance relative to the projects submitted against item 1).
3) CAPABILITY TO PERFORM: Provide a potential team composition for any one of the projects submitted against item 1) and address the associated tasks and responsibilities for each team member.
4) EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH FEDERAL GOVERNMENT: Address experience working with Federal Government processes and requirements.
5) CAPACITY FOR PERFORMANCE IN LOCATION: Address ability and capability to perform in required location.
Submit capability packages via email to: Travida Byas, Contracting officer at Travida.D.Byas@usace.army.mil and Contract Specialist Jessica Merrill at Jessica.L.Merrill@usace.army.mil no later than 4:00 pm Eastern Time on October 18, 2021, and in the subject line state “Construct KAZCENT Conference Center, Almaty , Kazakhstan and [Company Name]." All information concerning this requirement will be posted only on the System for Management Awards website (https://sam.gov). At this time no solicitation exists, therefore, DO NOT REQUEST A SOLICITATION package. As noted above, this RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. THIS NOTICE IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF DETERMINING INDUSTRY INTEREST. THIS NOTICE IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL AND PROPOSALS RECEIVED AS A RESULT OF THIS NOTICE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED OR EVALUATED.