SOURCES SOUGHT W58RGZ-24-B-0013
UH-60 COMPUTER, AIR DATA INSPECTION AND OVERHAUL
The U.S. Army Contracting Command-Redstone Arsenal (W58RGZ) ATTN: CCAM- ALB, Building 5303, Martin Road Redstone Arsenal, AL 35898-5280 (US) is issuing this Sources Sought as a means of conducting market research to identify potential sources having an interest and industry technologies available to support/provide inspection and overhaul of the Computer, Air Data, NSN: 6610-01-558-4786, part number D51610-0316.
The result of this market research will contribute to determining the method of procurement, if a requirement materializes. Based on the responses to this Sources Sought notice/market research, this requirement may be set-aside for small businesses (in full or in part) or procured through full and open competition. Multiple awards may be made. All small business set-aside categories will be considered. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted or acknowledged, and no feedback or evaluations will be provided to companies regarding submissions.
THIS SOURCES SOUGHT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) TO BE SUBMITTED. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT. RESPONSES IN ANY FORM ARE NOT OFFERS AND THE GOVERNMENT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO AWARD A CONTRACT AS A RESULT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. NO FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE TO PAY FOR PREPARATION OF RESPONSES TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. ANY INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY RESPONDENTS TO THIS TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY.
The Government requires that contractors be able to provide all services, facilities, labor, parts, materials, equipment, tools, and data necessary to accomplish the inspection and overhaul for the Computer, Air Data, and to return the items to condition code A as defined by Army Regulation 725-50. Upon completion of the overhaul, the items shall be packaged and shipped to the required destination(s). The Computer, Air Data is a Non-critical Safety Item. No DMWR is available.
The Government requires that contractors have a plan to meet all the Government’s special tooling and test equipment requirements with either:
1. Physical possession of the required tools, 2. Confirmed requisitions for the required tools, 3. Confirmed arrangements for subcontracting the processes requiring the special tools, or 4. Specific plans describing their technical approach to develop equivalent tools.
The applicable NAICS code for this requirement is 334511 with a Small Business Size Standard of 1,250. The Product Service Code (PSC) is 6610.
Interested businesses wishing to be considered as a source need to respond to the following technical survey which will be evaluated by technical experts at the Security Readiness Directorate (SRD). SRD is the airworthiness authority and must approve the technical qualifications of all perspective contractors.
Submit the information in a font no smaller than 10 point demonstrating ability to provide the products/systems listed in this Technical Description.
The technical survey information which must be submitted is as follows:
Technical requirements are as follows:
1. Technical expertise: Describe your expertise with conducting an overhaul or repair of the Computer, Air Data for the UH-60 or a similar assembly. Focus your response to include details that demonstrate the extent of your expertise and how you acquired it. Please include the quantity and frequency. If not, have you performed an overhaul, or repair, on the same, or like item in the past?
a. If yes, to either question, when, for how long, in what quantity, and what specific item?
b. If it was under a military contract, what is the contract number?
c. Who was the Primary Contracting Officer? Please provide his or her name, organization, and contact information. Please provide contact information for the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) that served as your administrative contracting officer.
d. What certifications and experience do your employees have to qualify them to perform the work? Provide all certifications relevant to the M&O program.
2. Special testing equipment: Do you have the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s test equipment (OEM) equivalent test equipment for the Computer, Air Data?
a. If it is equivalent test equipment, was it certified as equivalent with a release for production certificate? If yes, please provide a copy of the certificate.
b. If you do not possess of OEM or equivalent test equipment, and plan to reverse engineer this test equipment, do you have internal procedures to certify for equivalency and release for production? If so please describe.
3. Engineering approach: Do you have an overhaul plan for the Computer, Air Data? If yes, provide a copy. The plan must be in accordance with all requirements contained in OEM manufacturing process. If you only have a plan for a like item, ensure it contain instructions and procedures covering the following major categories, at a minimum:
a. Receiving inspection and testing instructions.
b. Disassembly instructions.
c. Inspection instructions.
d. Repair, and replacement instructions.
e. Assembly instructions.
f. Final testing and evaluation procedures.
4. Can your company acquire all necessary components to complete an overhaul?
5. If you have worked with the OEM for the Computer, Air Data, or one of its approved suppliers, provide a copy of a completed, showing item receipt, purchase order for OEM, or approved supplier, parts, or materials.
6. Do you have a quality plan in place? If so, please provide a copy.
Documentation should be in bullet format. No phone or email solicitations with regards to the status of the RFP will be accepted prior to its release.
Your response to this Sources Sought, including the technical survey, shall be electronically submitted to the Contract Specialist, Darryl Gilliam in either Microsoft Word or Portable Document Format (PDF), via email [email protected] no later than 1700 p.m. Central Time on 4 DEC 2023 and reference the solicitation number in the subject line of the e-mail and on all enclosed documents. Information and materials submitted in response to this request WILL NOT be returned. DO NOT SUBMIT CLASSIFIED MATERIAL.
If your organization has the potential capacity to provide the required products/systems, please provide the following information: 1) Organization name, address, primary points of contact (POCs) and their email address, Web site address, telephone number, and type of ownership for the organization; and 2) Tailored capability statements addressing the requirements of this notice, with appropriate documentation supporting claims of organizational and staff capability. If significant subcontracting or teaming is anticipated in order to deliver technical capability, organizations should address the administrative and management structure of such arrangements.
All data received in response to this Sources Sought that is marked or designated as corporate or proprietary will be fully protected from any release outside the Government.