1. PROGRAM: PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE STRYKER BRIGADE COMBAT TEAM (PMO SBCT)
2. SUBJECT: MARKET RESEARCH FOR THE STRYKER FAMILY OF VEHICLES (FOV) LIFECYCLE REQUIREMENTS IN THE AREA OF LOGISTICS which covers transportation, supply and maintenance. Sources sought information for Logistics will cover Wholesale Supply Support.
This sources sought notice is an initial assessment of interest from industry. A more detailed notice will follow at a later date based upon the interest each individual effort receives.
3. DESCRIPTION AND BACKGROUND:
The Stryker FoV and support contract was originally awarded on 16 November 2000 to General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS) on a competitive basis to accomplish PM SBCT’s mission. Since the Stryker was based on an existing vehicle system design (Light Armor Vehicle or LAV Ill) that was developed at private expense, Section 2320(a)(2)(F)(i), Title 10, United States Code precludes the Army from making release or sale of proprietary technical data a condition of contracting with the Government.
PMO SBCT continuously conducts market research in accordance with FAR 10.002(b)(2) to determine whether other capabilities of industry can be used to fulfill its life cycle requirements and to ensure its acquisition methods obtain the best value for the Government. This market survey is part of an ongoing initiative with industry to better understand the current capabilities that may be of interest to PMO SBCT. It is anticipated that the United States Government (USG) will award five year follow on contract for its Logistics requirements for FYs 24-29. The purpose of this request for information (RFI) is to determine the potential market capabilities to perform the follow-on requirements currently performed by General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS).
- EFFORT: Wholesale Supply
- CURRENT CONTRACT: W56HZV-19-D-0054
- PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: 01 Mar 19 – 28 Feb 28
4. INFORMATION SOUGHT:
The Government is seeking information related to Stryker Wholesale Supply Support in the following capacities:
- Supply Chain Management involves performing inventory / property accountability, warehousing, purchasing, repairing and/or upgrading, issuing, shipping, disposal of, obsolescence management of, and configuration Management of parts to support the Stryker Family of Vehicles (FOV). This includes Special Tools & Test Equipment (STTE) based upon consumption history, forecasts, and inventory management functions.
- Wholesale Supply also involves Managing inventory to ensure compliance with Stryker FOV requirements and ordering parts and materials approved through an Engineering Change Order (ECO) / Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) process.
Please also provide a response to the following questions:
- The major functions consist of inventory management (purchase, stock, store, issue and repair), obsolescence management, and warehouse management (to include disposal and hazmat control). What experience do you have in each of these areas (note if you have any specifically supporting the government)?
- What strategies would you use to support our requirements for each major area (conduct in house, sub contract, Government partnership, etc.)
- What would you require from the government in order to accomplish the scope for each area? (e.g. vehicle TDP, TACOM reach back, government IT system access, IETM, NMWR, Facility, GFP, etc.)
- What inventory government furnished property (GFP) management (for both material (GFM and equipment GFE) IT system would you utilize?
- What warehouse management IT system would you utilize?
- The Government is seeking information related to industry’s capability to ensure that obsolescence is managed as an integral part of design, development, production, and in service support throughout the product life cycle. What would be your Obsolescence Management (OM) strategy and IT system?
- The Government has various rights to the technical data, ranging from unrestricted to proprietary/restricted rights. Changes to OM may include having to deal with a variety of these rights and potentially require interaction with the OEM, to include potential TDP updates. For items that require working with the OEM, what is your plan to work with them to ensure cost and availability are met?
- The inventory managed under this contract is government owned and needs to be accounted for in an Approved Property System of Record government system. How would you accomplish this?
- When buying spares from sub vendors, what is your typical lead time from order submittal to receipt?
- How would you practice just in time spares delivery (high stock availability while limiting excess inventory)?
- There are 25,000 lines of parts supporting 4300 vehicles worldwide across 27 variants. What is your organizations plan to support a requirement of this magnitude?
Response Format: Electronic responses are required in any of the following formats: Microsoft Word 2010 or earlier, Microsoft Excel 2010 or earlier, Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 or earlier or Adobe Acrobat. The maximum size of each e- mail message should be no more than three and one-half (3.5) megabytes. You may use multiple e-mail messages. The subject line must include the message number, (example: 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3), and quote mark "[Company's Name] response to PMO SBCT RFI – include the RFI subject topic listed in item #2 Subject, on page one of this sources sought. All interested firms, regardless of size, are encouraged to respond to this request for information.
It is not necessary to respond to this market survey in order to be eligible for future contract awards.
Responses shall be furnished to the government by 11 October 2021 NLT 1300 local EST. Please submit electronic responses to this survey, as well as questions for clarification to:
RESPONSES SHOULD INCLUDE:
Location of Facilities:
Point of Contact:
Company business size and active System for Acquisition Management (SAM) information:
- Please also provide a response to the following questions:
- What specific information would your company need in order to compete for this requirement?
- What kind of experience does your company have doing this type of work? Please provide specific examples.
- In the event no Technical Data Package is available, can your company still compete with this effort?
This Sources Sought Notice is for informational purposes only. The information in this notice is subject to change and is not binding on the Government. This is not a request for proposal, does not constitute a solicitation, and shall not be construed as a commitment by the Government to purchase enhancements, hardware or services for the Stryker FoV. Responses in any form are not considered offers and the Government is under no obligation to award a contract as a result of this announcement. Funds are NOT available to pay for preparation of responses to this announcement. Any information submitted by respondents to this Sources Sought Notice is strictly voluntary.
Since this is not a request for proposal, respondents WILL NOT be notified regarding information obtained related to this Sources Sought Notice. Responses will not be returned nor will detailed feedback be made available. If and when a solicitation is issued, it will be posted on www.sam.gov. It is the respondent's responsibility to monitor these sites for the release of any additional market surveys, synopses or solicitations.
Proprietary Information. The United States Government (USG) acknowledges its obligations under the Federal Acquisition Regulation (18 U.S.C. §1905) to protect confidential information provided to the Government. Pursuant to this statute, the USG is willing to accept any trade secrets or proprietary restrictions placed upon data presented in response to this survey and to protect such information from unauthorized disclosure, subject to the following:
- Data must be clearly marked PROPRIETARY and be accompanied by an explanatory text so that the Government is clearly notified on what data is proprietary.
- Mark only data that is truly confidential.
- Do not mark data that is already in the public domain or is already in possession of the USG or third parties on an unclassified basis.
- Do not submit any classified data in response to this market survey.