Request for Information
Deadline: 5:00 PM EST, Thursday, September 3, 2020
The Army Contracting Command-Detroit Arsenal (ACC-DTA) is issuing a Request for Information (RFI) announcement for contractor-provided services to TACOM-Integrated Logistics Support Center, Soldier Product Support Integration Directorate for repair of a single Laundry Advanced System (NIIN: 015586662). Contractor shall provide qualified personnel, equipment, supplies, facilities, transportation, tools, materials, supervision and non-personal services necessary to repair to -10/20 maintenance standards in accordance with (IAW) Work Packages (WP) in DMWR 10-3510-221 and TM 10-3510-221-23&P.
The single Laundry Advanced System (LADS) must be repaired by December, 2020 or sooner. The LADS is required for immediate use in support of COVID-19 operations for the Iowa Army National Guard. As such, ACC-DTA is requesting information from industry on their capability of repairing the single LADS to 10/20 standards by December, 2020.
The Laundry Advanced System (LADS) is mobile laundry system capable of washing and drying 400lbs of laundry per hour. The LADS leverages a thermal-fluid heater and a water recovery system, mounted on a 8x8x20 ISO-configured flatrack. LADS operates while mounted on a 40-foot flatbed trailer (M871A3). A 30-kilowatt tactical generator, mounted over the trailers rear axle provides power to operate LADS. The LADS has been in the field since 1999. LADS were manufacture in two models Model B and Model D. Model B LADS systems represent the initial configuration of LADS systems.
The single LADS requires repair to -10/20 (like new) to include all approved ECPs maintenance standards. The single LADS will be provided (shipped) to the contractor as Government Furnished Equipment (GFE).
Contractor shall refer to Work Packages in DMWR 10-3510-221 for procedures required for this effort. Contractor shall perform the following tasks on LADS requiring -10/-20 level repair to include all approved ECPs:
– Contractor shall inspect the LADS upon induction in RESET in accordance with WP 10;
– Repair water recovery subsystems repaired IAW WPs 30, 31, 32, 33 and 34;
– Repair washing and drying subassemblies IAW WPs 22, 28 and 29;
– Repair air subsystems IAW WPs 38, 39 and 45;
– Perform Scheduled Services per TM 10-3510-221-10 WPs 43 and 44 and TM 10-3510-221-23&P WP 134;
– Perform a functional test to ensure the LADS is fully functional upon completion of the repair process;
– Acquire all missing or inoperable Component of End Item (COEI).
– The LADS shall be packed in accordance with TM 10-4510-221-10.
Contractor shall work from Government Technical Manuals and OEM work instructions, blueprints, specifications, layouts, patterns and other information to repair a single LADS. The LADS will be provided to the contractor as GFE. Technical Manuals can be downloaded from LOGSA website or provided as Government Furnished Information (GFI).
Pack-out: The single LADS shall be packed in accordance with TM 10-4510-221-10.
Final Inspection and Acceptance: Upon completion of repair of the assets, a government representatives from TACOM ILSC, the Program Office and /or Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), will perform inspect and government acceptance. This inspection will consist of an operational run test and itemized component inventory. Contractor will perform the operational run test, and a PMCS IAW in accordance with DMWR 10-3510-221 and TM 10-3510-221-23&P in the presence of a Government witness.
Environment Requirements: Contractor shall comply with all applicable federal, state, and local environmental laws. Contractor shall ensure all scrap material, lubricants and other hazardous material are disposed of in accordance with local and state laws and regulations. Contractor shall remove and dispose of all solid waste generated, which cannot be recycled to an approved and permitted disposal facility. Contractor shall remove and dispose of manifested hazardous waste generated by contract activities from the installation, to an approved hazardous waste disposal facility. Contractor shall minimize the use of hazardous materials and the generation of hazardous waste.
Please provide your answer directly below the question:
1) Contact information: point of contact, address, telephone, email address, duns number, cage code and or tax ID number.
2) Business Status: Please indicate the business size status of your company (Socio-Economic Factors: 8(a), HUBZone, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business, Small Disadvantaged Business etc.).
3) Does your company have the technical subject matter expertise and overall capability to repair the single LADS to 10/20 standard as described above?
4) Does your company have the technical subject matter expertise and overall capability to repair the single LADS by December, 2020?
5) The LADS uses a distillation process to recycle the water. Does your company have experience in repairing laundry systems that recycle water using a distillation process?
—End of RFI Questionnaire—
Interested companies may submit their capabilities and qualifications to perform the effort in writing to the identified point of contact not later than 5:00 PM EST by Thursday, September 3, 2020. Such capabilities and qualifications will be evaluated solely for the purpose of determining if this procurement can be accomplished on a competitive basis. A determination by ACC-WRN not to compete this proposed effort on a full and open competition basis, based upon responses to this notice, is solely within its discretion. Oral communications ARE NOT acceptable in response to this notice.
This notice is a RFI ONLY to see if this procurement can be accomplished on a competitive basis; therefore, no questions will be taken at this time. If and when a solicitation is posted, questions will be taken at that time and answered via a live Question and Answers Document.
This RFI does not constitute an Invitation for Bids (IFB), a Request for Quote (RFQ) or a Request for Proposal (RFP) and it should not be construed as a commitment of any kind by the Government to issue a formal solicitation or ultimately award a contract. The U.S. Government is in no way liable to pay for or reimburse any companies or entities that respond to this announcement. Any costs incurred by interested companies in response to this announcement will NOT be reimbursed.
All information marked as proprietary information will be safeguarded to prevent disclosures to non-government personnel and entities.
Your interest in this response is appreciated. Interested vendors shall provide information regarding this announcement to:
Phone: 313 445 4737
Contracting Office Address: Army Contracting Command-Detroit Arsenal
6501 E. Eleven Mile Road, Warren, MI 48397