The United States Government (USG) is conducting market research to determine if there are potential sources with the capability to the production of 85 each, Tracking Head Trainer (THT) Battery Chargers in support of SWS requirements for the USG.
The Stinger Block I missile is an advanced, “fire-and-forget”, short-range, man-portable, air defense weapon system. It provides low-altitude defense for ground forces against attack or aerial observation by low-flying Unmanned Aerial System (UAS), Cruise Missile, Rotary Wing, and Fixed-Wing threats. The missile utilizes a high explosive, hit-to-kill warhead. Stinger can be fired from the shoulder or from a variety of platforms to include vehicles, helicopters and UAS.
Tracking Head Trainer Battery Chargers
This action is for the manufacture and delivery of 85 THT Battery Chargers in accordance with (IAW) SWS Performance Specification MIS-50137.
In accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 15.201 (e), responses to this notice are not an offer and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. The Government will not pay for information received. Government points of contact are Nicholas Kirby and Lillian Irby at:
Per FAR 52.215-3, Request for Information or Solicitation for Planning Purposes:
- The Government will not pay for the information solicited except as an allowable cost under other contracts as provided in subsection 31.205-18, bid and proposal costs, of the FAR.
- Although “proposal” and “offeror” are used in this RFI, your response will be treated as information only. It shall not be used as a proposal
- This RFI is for planning and market research purposes only and should not be considered as a request for proposals or as a solicitation to do business with the Government.
The contractor will provide a total production quantity of 85 THT Battery Chargers.
Part A. Business Information:
Please provide the following information for your company/institution and for any teaming or joint venture partners:
- Company/Institute name
- Point of Contact
- Cage Code
- DUNS Number
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Web page URL
- Size of business pursuant to North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code 334519. Based on the above NAICS Code, state whether your company qualifies as a:
- Small Business (Yes/No)
- Woman Owned Small Business (Yes/No)
- Small Disadvantaged Business (Yes/No)
- 8(a) Certified (Yes/No)
- HUB Zone Certified (Yes/No)
- Veteran Owned Small Business (Yes/No)
- Service Disabled Small Business (Yes/No)
- Central Contractor Registration (Yes/No)
- Statement describing company as domestically or foreign owned (if foreign owned, please indicate country of ownership).
Part B. Capability:
- Describe briefly the capabilities of your company and the nature of the goods and/or services you provide. Include a description of your staff composition and management structure.
- Describe your company’s past experience (no more than five examples) on previous projects similar in complexity to this requirement. Include contract numbers, a brief description of the work performed, period of performance, agency/organization supported, and individual points of contact (Contracting Officer or Program Manager).
- If you were to rely on subcontractors for this effort, what subcontractors would you use to do what percentage of which portions? What are their experiences and do you already have a relationship with the subcontractor(s)?
- Describe your company’s approach and capabilities in obtaining and retaining qualified and experienced personnel. How soon could your company secure qualified personnel?
Part C. Financial Capability:
- Describe your financial capabilities to successfully perform this contract.
- Describe any other relevant topics, concerns, and information that will help the Government in forming an acquisition strategy.
Respondents should indicate which portions of their responses are proprietary and should mark them accordingly. Marketing material is considered an insufficient response to this RFI. Please limit responses to no more than 20 pages. Response must include Company name, Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) code, classified mailing address, and appropriate point of contact information. Government POCs are as identified herein.