THIS IS A MARKET SURVEY / SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE ONLY:
DESCRIPTION: The U.S. Army Contracting Command-New Jersey at Picatinny Arsenal, NJ 07806-5000 is conducting a market survey / sources sought notice on behalf of the Project Manager Soldier Lethality (PMSL) to identify potential domestic sources and their capability of manufacturing Seamless Ta-10W Tubing. No Technical Data Package (TDP) is available for this requirement.
SPECIFICATION: The manufactured Ta-10W tubing shall have the following specifications:
– 0.50 inches in diameter
– 48 inches long
– Tube straightened to within 0.004 inches over length
– Minimum Elongation of 20%
– Minimum Tensile Strength 75,000 psi
– Minimum Yield Strength 65,000 psi
Additionally, please list capability for providing other seamless Ta-10W tubing ranging from 5.5 mm to 50mm in diameter.
Should there be any questions on the part of interested parties, please submit all questions to the contract specialist, Eric Delarede via email at email@example.com.
SUBMISSION INFORMATION: Interested firms who believe they are capable of manufacturing the Seamless Ta-10W tubing are invited to indicate their interest by providing the Government a brief summary (i.e no more than 10 pages- not counting prior contract history) of their company’s capabilities, facilities, personnel and past manufacturing experience. Include potential monthly production capabilities, and delivery lead times in your response.
Vendor Questionnaire: The purpose of this questionnaire is to obtain information from industry to assist in the market research. Firms/companies are invited to indicate their interest and capability to satisfy the above requirements by identifying the following items:
1. Company Name
2. Company Address
3. Company Website
4. CAGE code and DUNS Number
5. Company point of contact and phone number
6. Major partners or Suppliers
7. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for this effort is 332994 with a small business size standard of 1,000 employees. Based on this information is your business considered a small business?
8. Type of Business (Small Business, Large Business, 8a Small Business, Hub zone Small Business, or Service Disabled Veteran Small Business) and Number of Employees.
(a) ( ) Our product as described above, has been sold, leased or licensed to the general public.
(b) ( ) Our product as described above has been sold in substantial quantities, on a competitive basis to multiple state and local government. The development of the product was done exclusively at private expense.
(c) ( ) None of the above applies. Explain:
10. Location where primary work will be performed (if more than one location, please indicate the percentage for each location).
11. Identify manufacturing, managing and engineering experience of like items of equal or greater complexity.
12. Identify existing facilities, equipment and workforce (identify what percentage would be supporting this new effort and what additional resources would be required).
13. Identify lead-time, including supplier/design qualification efforts and production ramp up time, to meet full capability for production and sustainment.
14. Please provide rough indication of pricing and any pricing data.
15. Please provide any additional comments.
Response: Firms/companies are invited to indicate their capabilities by providing specifications, brochures, manuals, reports, demonstration video and other technical data as well as identification of current customers and rough indication of pricing. A TECHNICAL DATA PACKAGE (TDP) WILL NOT BE PROVIDED IN SUPPORT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. All interested parties should provide this information within 15 days of this notice to: US Army Contracting Command – New Jersey, Soldier Lethality, Bldg. 9, CCNJ-SL, Picatinny Arsenal, NJ 07806-5000 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please identify the subject of your response as, “Seamless Tantalum 10% Tungsten (Ta-10W) tubing”.
This is market survey / sources sought notice is for information only and shall not be construed as a request for a proposal or as an obligation on the part of the U.S. Government. The U.S. Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this market survey / sources sought notice or otherwise pay for information solicited. Any hardcopy information provided will not be returned.
NO TELEPHONE INQUIRES WILL BE ACCEPTED. The Government will accept written questions by email. The information collected from this market survey / sources sought notice may be used to support any follow on acquisitions. All data received in response to this market survey / sources sought notice that is marked or designated as corporate or proprietary will be fully protected from any release outside the Government. If a formal solicitation is generated at a later date, a solicitation notice will be published and more detailed technical requirements will be provided. Respondents will not be notified of the results of this market survey / sources sought notice.