The U.S. Army Contracting Command – New Jersey (ACC-NJ), on behalf of the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command, Armaments Center (CCDC-AC), Picatinny Arsenal, NJ, is conducting market research to determine the capability of businesses to provide a prototype swage autofrettage process. Swage autofrettage is a process used to increase the strength and resilience of large caliber cannon tubes by imparting radial, compressive stresses into the rough machined tube that would counteract the stresses caused by firing. A prototype process is needed to address the much larger and longer large caliber cannon tube designs that are currently in process. A successful prototype of this process will cover the structural, hydraulic, controls and mandrel designs, along with the tailored process steps and all requirements such as pre and post cleaning process, swaging lubricants and process. This prototype will be flexible enough to swage tubes ranging from 105mm to 300mm in diameter and up to 16 meters long.
THIS SOURCES SOUGHT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A “REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)” TO BE SUBMITTED. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT. RESPONSES IN ANY FORM ARE NOT OFFERS AND THE GOVERNMENT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO AWARD A CONTRACT AS A RESULT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. NO FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE TO PAY FOR PREPARATION OF RESPONSES TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. ANY INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY RESPONDENTS TO THIS TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY. RESPONSES WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO THE RESPONDER. NOT RESPONDING TO THIS NOTICE DOES NOT PRECLUDE PARTICIPATION IN ANY FUTURE REQUEST FOR QUOTE (RFQ) OR INVITATION FOR BID (IFB) OR RFP, IF ANY ISSUED. IF A SOLICITATION IS RELEASED, IT WILL BE SYNOPSIZED ON THE GOVERNMENT-WIDE POINT OF ENTRY (GPE) AT HTTPS://BETA.SAM.GOV. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF POTENTIAL OFFERORS TO MONITOR THE GPE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PERTAINING TO THIS REQUIREMENT.
The applicable NAICS code for this requirement is 332994: Small Arms, Ordnance, and Ordnance Accessories Manufacturing, with a Small Business Size Standard of 1,000 employees. The Product Service Code is AD52 R&D: Fuels & Lubricants-Exploratory Development. Businesses of all sizes are encouraged to respond; however, each respondent must clearly identify their business size in their capabilities statement.
VENDOR QUESTIONNAIRE: The purpose of this questionnaire is to obtain information from industry to assist in the market research. Firms/companies are invited to indicate their interest and capability to satisfy the above requirements by identifying the following items:
1. Company Name
2. Company Address / Country Represented / Website
3. Company point of contact and phone number
4. Business Size (Small/Large & Number of Employees) CAGE Code / DUNS Number.
5. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for this effort is 332117.
6. Commerciality: (a.) Our product as described above, has been sold, leased or licensed to the general public (b.) Our product as described above, has been sold in substantial quantities, on a competitive basis, to multiple state and local governments. The development of the product was done exclusively at private expense. (c) None of the above applies. Explain.
7. Location where primary work will be performed (if more than one location, please indicate the percentage for each location).
8. Major partners or suppliers.
9. Identify existing facilities, equipment and workforce (identify what percentage would be supporting this new effort and what additional resources would be required).
10. Provide minimum and maximum monthly production rates of past production of same or similar items.
11. Identify manufacturing, managing and engineering experience of like systems of equal or greater complexity.
12. Identify lead time, including supplier/design qualification efforts and production ramp up time, to meet full capability for production and sustainment.
13. Please provide any additional comments.
SUBMISSION DETAILS: Each potential source is requested to provide the contract number(s), dollar value(s) and brief description of work previously or currently being performed, which specifically demonstrates the contractor’s ability to successfully satisfy the requirements of the Technical Services. Firms shall also provide point of contact information, where available, for the efforts cited above. In addition, please provide the firm’s name and address, point of contact with telephone number and email address, CAGE Code and DUNS number, and size of business (i.e. large, small, disadvantaged, veteran owned, woman owned, etc.).
This is a market survey for information only, and shall not be construed as a request for a proposal or as an obligation on the part of the US Government. The US Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this market survey or otherwise pay for information solicited.
All data should be sent at no cost to the US Government NO LATER THAN by 8 September 2020 at 3PM Eastern Standard Time. All submissions are REQUIRED to be made via electronic mail to ATTN: Wilson Au, Contracting Officer at email@example.com and Jonathan Kilgore, Contract Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone inquiries WILL NOT be addressed; all requests are REQUIRED be submitted in writing via email. Respondents WILL NOT be notified of the results of the survey.