This is a SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE / REQUEST FOR INFORMATION;
Not a pre-solicitation notice or solicitation for proposals/quotations. Pursuant to FAR Part 10 (Market Research), the purpose of this notice is to:
- Determine if sources capable of satisfying the agency’s requirements exists,
- Determine if commercial items suitable to meet the agency’s needs are available or could be modified to meet the agency’s requirements, and
- Determine the commercial practices of company’s engaged in providing the needed service or supply.
Pursuant to FAR Part 6 and FAR Part 19, competition and set-aside decisions may be based on the results of this market research.
This notice in no way obligates the Government to any further action.
REQUIREMENT: This notice is issued by the U.S. Coast Guard, Surface Forces Logistics Center, Oakland, CA to identify sources capable of providing Dry Dock repair services for the following vessel:
USCGC ABBIE BURGESS (WLM 553) DRY DOCK REPAIRS FY 2021 SPECIFICATION: (Subject to change at the discretion of the Government). Contractor shall provide all necessary labor, materials, power, equipment, and personnel to perform Dry Dock repairs to the U.S. Coast Guard Cutter – USCGC ABBIE BURGESS (WLM 553) – a 175 Foot Coastal Buoy Tender.
All work will be performed at the Contractor’s Dry Dock facility.
GEOGRAPHICAL RESTRICTION: Restricted to an area no greater than 400 nautical miles (nm) from the cutter’s homeport and no open water transits in accordance with USCG LANTAREINST 3100.1E.
HOMEPORT: Rockland, Maine
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Contractor’s proposed dry dock(s).
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The vessel is to be have the following work accomplished during the Period of Performance as specified below. The scope of the acquisition is for the Dry Dock repairs of various items for the USCGC ABBIE BURGESS (WLM 553) is described below. This work is estimated to include, but is not limited to (Subject to change at the discretion of the US Government):
* Refer to separately attached preliminary Dry Dock Specifications, Draft 3, dated 03Sep20 for work details. (Subject to change at the discretion of the US Government.) *
- Hull Plating (U/W Body), Ultrasonic Testing
- U/W Body, Preserve (100%)
- Appendages (U/W), Leak Test
- Voids (Non-Accessible), Leak Test
- Tanks (MP Fuel Service), Clean and Inspect
- Z-Drive Propulsion Unit, Renew (Drydock)
- Sea Strainers – Duplex (All Sizes), Overhaul
- Sea Bay, Clean and Inspect
- Anchor Windlass, Inspect And Service
- Anchor Chain(s) and Ground Tackle, Inspect and Repair
- Crane Winch DCV, Replace
- Bilges, Preserve
- Deck Covering (Interior Wet/Dry), Renew
ANTICIPATED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: The period of performance for both above vessels is anticipated to be from March 16, 2021 through June 20, 2021 (Subject to change at the discretion of the US Government.).
*** SEE ATTACHED SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE AND PRELIMINARY SPECIFICATIONS FOR FULL DETAILS & INSTRUCTIONS ***