This sources sought notice is issued for planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation for proposals, offers, bids and/or quotes. This is not an announcement of a forthcoming solicitation or confirmation the Government will contract for the items contained in the Sources Sought, nor is any commitment on the part of the Government to award a contract implied. Responses to this notice will assist the Government in identifying potential sources for a Small Business (SB) set-aside for the solicitation, and in determining whether or not this approach to secure contracting support is practicable. Respondents are advised the Government will not pay for any information or administrative cost incurred in response to this Sources Sought. Responses to this notice will not be returned. Any future solicitation, including specifications and/or drawings, will be made available only on the beta SAM website (https://beta.sam.gov). Interested parties are solely responsible for monitoring the aforementioned website for the release of a solicitation package and/or any updates and/or amendments.
The 502d Contracting Squadron, Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA)-Randolph, Texas is conducting market research to determine the existence of interested SB sources for North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code 237310-Highway, Street and Bridge Construction. The small business size standard is $39.5 Million.
The purpose of this Sources Sought notice is to obtain information on qualified and experienced contractors capable of providing roadway paving at the estimated project magnitude and capable of obtaining the appropriate aggregate and per project bonding to execute the friction repair and improve drainage within and around the west runway. The contractor shall diamond grind both concrete ends and across the 150 LF width of the west runway to increase friction values measured by continuous friction measuring equipment to a value that meets or exceeds 45 during a 40 miles per hour test as set by Table 3-2, FAA Advisory Circular 150/5320-12C. Drainage shall be improved by grading both sides along the runway. The contractor shall grade the earth to an elevation 1.5 inches lower than the runway pavement, and provide adequate slope to allow for drainage to existing storm inlets. The contractor shall furnish all labor, materials, equipment and personnel necessary to accomplish the work under this contract. Project is located at JBSA-Randolph AFB, TX, Randolph West Runway located on Randolph Airfield.
Due to mission requirements, flying operations will continue throughout this project. Diamond grinding work will be divided into 2 phases, one phase for north end grinding and one phase for south end grinding. During north end grinding, the north 2,500 feet of runway will be closed and a displaced threshold will be utilized to allow for flying operation to continue on the remaining length of runway. During south end grinding, the south 3,700 feet of runway will be closed and a displaced threshold will again be utilized.
The 502d Contracting Squadron, JBSA-Randolph, TX anticipates a period of performance up to 140 calendar days.
This notice is posted in accordance with FAR Part 5.2 and 36.213-2
In accordance with FAR Part 4.1102 and DFARS 204.1103, Procedures, System for Award Management (SAM), contractor must be registered in SAM prior to award. Offerors may obtain information on registration at https://www.sam.gov.
The following information is requested in this Sources Sought:
1. Company name, address, point of contact (POC), phone number and POC email address;
2. DUNS Number and CAGE Code;
3. Company’s business size and interest in nature of participation, (e.g., prime contractor, teaming partner, primary subcontractor); potential teaming arrangements and delineation between the work that will be accomplished by the prime and the work that will be accomplished by the teaming partner(s). Note: for Highway, Street, and Bridge Construction, the contractor will perform at least 15 percent of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with its own employees IAW the limitations on subcontracting clause FAR 52.219-14;
4. Does your company have any other socioeconomic categorizations i.e. HUBZONE, EDWOSB, SDVOSB, WOSB, etc.?
5. Past performance examples for this type of work to include procuring agency, location, dollar amount at project completion, whether work was done as the prime contractor, type of contract (fixed price, cost reimbursement, labor hour, etc.).
6. Interested contractors may provide the above information to the addresses listed below. Information submitted must be in sufficient detail as to allow for a thorough government review of firm’s interest and capabilities. This information is due no later than 14 September 2021 at 2:00 p.m. CST.
Contracting Office Address:
395 B Street West B224
JBSA-Randolph TX 78150
Place of Performance:
Primary Point of Contact: Secondary Point of Contact:
Tonya Bowles Marcus Reedom
Contract Specialist Contracting Officer