This Potential Sources Sought (PSS) is issued for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. Responses to this notice are not an offer and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this PSS or to otherwise pay for information received in response to this PSS. All information received in response to this PSS that is marked Proprietary or competition sensitive will be handled accordingly. Responses to the PSS will not be returned. The Government reserves the right to reject, in whole or in part, any contractor’s input resulting from this PSS. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this PSS.
The Government intends to award a sole source long term contract (LTC) to Thomas Instrument for the procurement of aircraft parts licensed to Thomas Instrument by Woodward, Inc. as an exclusive authorized source. The contract is anticipated to be an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity Contract with a five-year base period and one five-year option period for a total of 10 years.
The Government intends to solicit and negotiate with only one source under authority of FAR 6.302-1. Interested persons may identify their interest and capability to respond to the requirement. This notice of intent is not a request for competitive proposals. However, all responses received by the sources sought response date will be considered by the Government. A determination by the Government not to compete this proposed contract based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government. Information received will normally be considered solely for the purpose of market research in determining whether do conduct a competitive procurement.
1. Respondents must include the following information:
a. Company Name
c. CAGE Code
d. Point of Contact (POC)
e. POC Phone
f. POC Email
g. Web page URL, if available
h. Is your company considered a small business under the proposed NAICS code above? If so, what type of small business is your company?
i. Identify as a Manufacturer or Distributor
j. Identify as a U.S. or Foreign Owned Entity
Respondents must address the following:
2. Are any of the attached list of aircraft parts/National Stock Numbers (NSNs) licensed to your company by Woodward, Inc.? If so, provide the exact NSNs and supporting documentation.
3. Is your company registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) and the web-based system iRAPT (Invoicing, Receipt, Acceptance, and Property Transfer)? Do you have access to any other Government systems where you are authorized for use in performance of another Government contract?
4. What is your company’s capacity for receiving and processing Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) orders (formatted by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) X12 Standard) on a daily, weekly, monthly basis? What is the current number of Government EDI order transactions that your company processes daily, weekly, monthly?
5. Describe any current or previous contracts with DLA Aviation to include contract number(s) and brief description of the contract(s) and period(s) of performance.
6. Describe the capabilities of your facilities and the nature of the goods your company provides. Include a description of your staff composition and management structure.
Interested parties may identify their interest and capability to respond to the requirement no later than September 25, 2020 and should be directed to, Tracy Ruland at Tracy.Ruland@dla.mil and Stephen Minus at Stephen.Minus@dla.mil.