This is a Small Business Sources Sought notice. This is NOT a solicitation for proposals, proposal abstracts, or quotations. The purpose of this notice is to obtain information regarding:
(1) Availability and capability of qualified small business sources;
(2) Whether they are small businesses; HUBZone small businesses; service-disabled, veteran-owned small businesses; 8(a) small businesses; veteran-owned small businesses; women-owned small businesses; or small disadvantaged businesses; and
(3) Size classification relative to the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for the proposed acquisition.
Your responses to the information requested will assist the Government in determining the appropriate acquisition method, including whether a set-aside is possible. An organization that is not considered a small business under the applicable NAICS code should not submit a response to this notice.
The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Audiovisual (AV) operations rely on a complex set of AV equipment, programs, and trained support staff to manage 900+ conferences per year. The purpose of this proposed acquisition is to purchase replacement AV equipment and installation services for the Fishers Lane Conference Center and two additional meeting spaces (Bio Visualization Lab) located in Rockville, Maryland. The AV equipment must be upgraded within the Fishers Lane building to support next-generation meetings and AV technologies. The goal of this work is to upgrade the outdated equipment within the Conference Center and Bio Visualization Lab and standardize the design and capabilities with other conference rooms across NIAID. This solution will be fully interoperable with existing NIAID conference room systems and other telecommunications systems, including Microsoft Teams and Zoom. To fulfill this need, NIAID is seeking a contractor to provide the procurement, installation and support services as described in the draft Statement of Work (SOW); enabling the NIAID AV Team to provide a turn-key AV event space consisting of eight meeting rooms (Conference Center), a central video production system (Video operations center), and digital signage for wayfinding. In addition, there are two additional meeting spaces supporting Bio Visualization.
Please reference attached DRAFT Statement of Work (SOW) for background, project details, and technical specifications.
Anticipated Period of Performance
It is anticipated that an award will be made on or about January 24, 2022. The estimated total period of performance is from date of award through September 20, 2022.
Capability Statement/Information Sought
If your organization has the potential capacity to provide AV equipment and installation services for the Conference Center and additional meeting spaces, please provide the following information:
- Organization name, address, point of contact, email address, website address, telephone number, DUNS number, and CAGE code
- Company location(s) and number of years company has been in business
- Small Business Classification/Socio-Economic Status pursuant to the applicable NAICS code
- Under which NAICS code does your company usually provide the requirements described in the draft SOW. Please provide rationale for your answer if different from NAICS 334310.
- Type of ownership for the organization
- Identification of any Best In Class contract vehicles including Government Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWAC) (e.g. GSA schedule, NITAAC) they may possess or are aware of that would support this possible requirement. If your organization does not provide the products/services under a GWAC, please identify availability as OPEN MARKET ONLY.
- Please describe any customary commercial contract terms or conditions that you feel would make any resulting contract more effective if applicable.
The Government is seeking qualified, experienced sources interested in providing the AV equipment and services in accordance with draft SOW. Please address the following regarding your capabilities in meeting the requirements:
- Is your company capable of meeting this requirement? Please respond “Yes or No.”
- If your response to question above was “Yes”, please provide no more than two (2) references for no more than two (2) recent and relevant contracts performed in the last three (3) years. Include name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address for each reference. Also, provide a brief description of the work performed, contract number, total contract value and period of performance. Contracts must be the same or similar in size, type and complexity as set forth in the draft SOW.
- Does your company have a facility within the required 130 mile radius of the installation site (5601 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD) for off-site storage, staging, and preinstall activities? Please respond “Yes or No”. If your response is “Yes”, provide the facility’s address.
- It is the responsibility of the contractor to provide all resources needed for performance of this requirement. Would your company have an availability of funds to procure capital for a project this size without Government financing?
- Is your company an authorized reseller and installer of the required Crestron branded products?
- Provide a tailored capability statement addressing the SOW requirements including appropriately trained staff with industry certifications for a project this size (CTS-I, CTS-D, project manager) to manage/install equipment. Capability document shall be no more than 6 pages.
- If significant subcontracting or teaming is anticipated in order to deliver technical capability, organizations should address the administrative and management structure of such arrangements.
Interested small businesses who consider themselves qualified to provide the AV equipment and services for this project are invited to submit a response to this Sources Sought Notice by December 3, 2021 at 3:00 PM EST. All responses under this Sources Sought Notice shall be emailed to Tamara McDermott firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclamer and Important Notes
This notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract or otherwise pay for the information provided in response. The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate. Any organization responding to this notice should ensure that its response is complete and sufficiently detailed to allow the Government to determine the organization’s qualifications to perform the work. Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. After a review of the responses received, a pre-solicitation synopsis and solicitation may be published in Federal Business Opportunities. However, responses to this notice will not be considered adequate responses to a solicitation.
No proprietary, classified, confidential, or sensitive information should be included in your response. The Government reserves the right to use any non-proprietary technical information in any resultant solicitation(s).