The Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) is performing market research for a requirement to contract for the acquisition of an Agilent Seahorse XF analyzer, model: XFe96.
This is a Sources Sought (SS) / Request for Information (RFI). This is not a pre-solicitation or solicitation or Request for Proposal (RFP) and is not to be construed as any commitment by the Government. This notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract and or pay for any bid and/or proposal preparation costs. The Government will not accept proposals at this time. This notice is not an offer by the Government to enter into a contract. Interested Small Business concerns must identify to the contracting officer their interest and capability to satisfy the Government’s requirement by closing date listed. Responses will allow the Government to conduct an initial review of market capabilities in support of requirements identified in the specifications listed below.
Agilent Seahorse XF analyzer, model: XFe96
The Government is looking for sources that can supply an equivalent item that can meet the governments for the above mentioned item by specifically meeting the following specifications. Currently the Government is unaware of any additional sources besides Agilent that can fulfill these requirements.
The critical performance requirements are as follows:
• The instrument must simultaneously measure both the oxygen consumption rate (OCR) and extracellular acidification rate (ECAR) in real-time in live cells
• Non-invasive measurement with no addition of dyes, labels or reporters
• OCR and ECAR rates must be calculated every 2-5 min suing data acquired every 14s
• OCR and ECAR measurements must be repeated indefinitely to measure kinetic responses
• Instrument must accommodate a 96-well format at a cell density of 5,000 cells/well
• Up to 4 test compounds/stressors must be added automatically to each well during the assay
• OCR and ECAR must be performed before and after each compound is added
• Instrument must be compatible with a hypoxia chamber and allow collection of functional metabolic data as a result of metabolic reprogramming due to changes in oxygen concentration
SUBMISSION DETAILS: All interested parties are encouraged to submit a response to this SS/RFI announcement. Responses should address the following questions:
1. Company name, cage code, address, point of contact, phone number, and email address
2. Identification of whether the company is currently designated as a Small Business as defined in FAR Part 19.1 and the appropriate category (i.e. 8a, HubZone, etc.)
3. Company description of relevant capability and experience to provide the identified item. A brief history of the organization.
4. Company’s potential teammates/subcontractors (if required to ensure success)
5. What, if any, risks or unknowns would hinder industries ability to meet the requirements?
The Government encourages you to submit any additional comments or suggestions that you would like to share.
Capability package responses and questions shall be sent electronically to the primary and/or alternate Points of Contact.
Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned.