This is a Sources Sought notice. This is NOT a solicitation for proposals, proposal abstracts, or quotations. Pursuant to 48 CFR Part 326, Subpart 326.603-3 and IHM 5.5-6, Indian Health Service must use the negotiation authority of the Buy Indian Act, 25 U.S.C. 47, to give preference to Indian Economic Enterprises (IEE) whenever the use of that authority is authorized and practicable.
The Government is seeking to identify Indian Small Business Economic Enterprises (ISBEEs) capable of performing the below Indian Health Services (IHS) requirement. Any vendor responding to this notice should submit their capability statement as well as the Buy Indian Act Indian Economic Enterprise Representation Form (attached). Instructions for submission are outlined below:
INDIAN ECONOMIC ENTERPRISE (IEE):
Any business activity owned by one or more Indians, Federally Recognized Indian Tribes, or Alaska Native Corporations provided that:
- The combined Indian, Federally Recognized Indian Tribe or Alaska Native Corporation ownership of the enterprise constitutes not less than 51%;
- The Indian, Federal Recognized Indian Tribes, or Alaska Native Corporations must, together, receive at least 51% of the earnings from the contract; and
- The management and daily business operations must be controlled by one or more individuals who are Indians
DESCRIPTION OF REQUIREMENT
Preventative maintenance and repair services for the following Olympus Equipment Serial Numbers:
OER PRO Washer SN: 2934642
Scope Model GIF-HQ190 SN: 2961472
Scope Model GIF-HQ190 SN: 2961483
Scope Model CF-HQ190L SN: 2978637
Scope Model CF-HQ190L SN: 2978721
811210 – Electronic and Precision Equipment Repair and Maintenance
Size Standard: $30.0
One (1) Year with Four (4) Optional Years
Licensed Olympus Equipment Technicians
INSTRUCTIONS TO INDUSTRY
ISBEEs are highly encouraged to respond to this notice. However, firms must also understand that generic capability statements are not sufficient for effective evaluation of their capacity and capability to perform the work required. To be considered a capable source, responses must directly demonstrate the company’s capability, experience, and ability to provide services as shown below.
Your Response Shall Include, but not limited to:
- Number of years of experience in providing Olympus Equipment Preventative Maintenance and repair.
- List of past jobs/contracts in providing Olympus Equipment Preventative Maintenance and repair.
- The abilities your company possesses in providing Olympus Equipment Preventative Maintenance and repair.
- Demonstrate how your company meets the definition for Indian Economic Enterprise (IEE) in consideration to this requirement:
- How, as the prime IEE, will your company receive at least 51% of the earnings from the awarded contract, or together with the subcontractor if the same category, receive a combined 51% of the earnings from the contract
- How, as the prime IEE or together with the subcontractor if the same category, will management and daily operations be controlled by one or more individuals who are Indians.
Failure to address these items in your capability statement could exclude your firm from being determined a capable ISBEE source.
If you are interested in this contracting opportunity, please respond by email to: Johnna.firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit the capability response as instructed above and include a copy of the Buy Indian Act Indian Economic Enterprise Representation Form. It is recommended to include the sources sought ID in the subject line. Sources Sought ID: SS-75H709-CR23Q-014. Responses received to this notice will assist in determining the acquisition strategy of the requirement.