This is a request for Sources Sought only posting. Interested Vendors should list themselves as interested on this FBO posting or contact John Azevedo (Procurement Specialist) for an upcoming RFP that will be issued as a firm-fixed-price subcontract for the B023 air compressor demolition and installation project, located at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, 2575 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025 in San Mateo County.
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (SLAC) is seeking qualified subcontractors to collaborate with SLAC on completing this project.
The purpose of this project is for the demolition, and removal of steel fame(s), electrical conduits, pipes and any other obstructions of the removal of the existing air compressor and the installation of a new air compressor.
The work scope is as follows:
- Labor and materials required for demolition, and removal of steel fame(s), electrical conduits, pipes and any other obstructions required for the safe removal of the existing air compressor.
- Labor and materials to remove existing bollards and install new removable bollards.
- Labor and materials required for the installation of a new air compressor.
- Installation of the new air compressor includes modifications to the existing equipment pad and the modification of the existing roof curb.
- Pressure test new pipe at 225 psig for 30 minutes.
- Roof curb design to match the existing roof curb.
- Provide shop drawing for approval of all fabricated components such as air duct and roof curb.
The anticipated RFP release date is September 16, 2021/or sooner and the Award is anticipated to be by October 27, 2021/or sooner.
The Procurement Specialist is the only point of contact (POC) during the sources sought period in regards to the upcoming RFP. Any communication with other SLAC staff is grounds for disqualification.