This Request for Information (RFI) is issued by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) for the purpose of planning and market research only. A solicitation is not being issued at this time. This notice does not commit HRSA to issue a solicitation, nor does it restrict HRSA to a particular acquisition approach. Any information provided to HRSA as a result of this RFI is strictly voluntary. Responses will not be returned, nor will HRSA reimburse respondents for the costs of preparing and submitting responses.
While the information obtained from responses to this RFI may be used for planning purposes, and/or in the development of an acquisition strategy or solicitation, there is no guarantee that any solicitations will result from this notice. Respondents are responsible for appropriately marking confidential or proprietary information contained in their responses.
The purpose of this notice is to obtain information regarding datasets that are available. The datasets may be used to establish lists of health care providers in support of the Provider Relief Fund (PRF) program and other uses. The data will be shared with HRSA staff and contractors supporting the PRF program.
Specifically, HRSA requests that respondents provide information about whether they have knowledge of such datasets, have current datasets, or are capable of obtaining these data sets in one or more of the categories listed below. In addition, HRSA requests information about any capabilities the respondents have to research specific NPIs or TINs that HRSA might provide to obtain additional provider information.
The data sets of healthcare providers that we are seeking but not limited to are:
- Physicians and physician groups, including but not limited to – allergy and immunology, anesthesiology, dermatology, diagnostic radiology, emergency medicine, family medicine, internal medicine, medical genetics, neurology, nuclear medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, ophthalmology, pathology, pediatrics, physical medicine and rehabilitation, primary care, psychiatry, radiation oncology, surgery, urology
- Home health agencies and providers
- Community-based social support providers
- Eye and vision services providers
- Diagnostic providers (e.g., labs, independent imaging, radiology)
- Other ancillary service providers (e.g., chiropractors, speech and language pathologists, physical therapy, occupational therapy)
- Assisted living facilities
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Behavioral health providers (e.g., psychiatric services, counseling, substance use disorder, inpatient psychiatric facilities and substance abuse treatment centers)
- Other outpatient providers (e.g., urgent care, dialysis centers)
Below are the specific data fields that we are seeking:
- Provider Name
- Provider Address (both billing and practice, if different)
- Provider phone number
- Provider email address
- Billing Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) (and subsidiary provider TINs, if applicable and available)
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) (Group or Individual as appropriate)
- Tax identification Number (TIN) (and subsidiary provider TINs, if applicable and available)
- NPI (Group or Individual as appropriate)
- Provider Specialty Type
THIS RFI IS STRICTLY MARKET RESEARCH. HRSA WILL NOT ENTERTAIN QUESTIONS REGARDING THE RESULTS OF THIS MARKET RESEARCH. AS FURTHER MARKET RESEARCH, HRSA IS CONSIDERING CONVENING INDUSTRY DAYS TO FACILITATE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SHARING.
Interested parties are encouraged to respond to this notice. However, be advised that generic statements are not sufficient.
Please submit your responses by 3:00 pm EST, September 15, 2020, to email@example.com in the following format:
- Microsoft Word (or PDF) document with page size 8.5 by 11 inches, with a minimum of 1” margins.
- Times New Roman, font size 12 with single spacing between lines.
Submission shall not exceed twenty-five (25) pages. Cover page is not included in the total page count.
Your response shall:
- Include a list of the datasets available from your organization
- Indicate if the dataset is available to the public at cost or no cost
- Include a copy of the Terms and Conditions / Data User agreement applicable for the use of the data
- Describe the capability to research specific NPIs or TINs (if applicable)
Respondents shall include the following Business information on the Cover Page:
- Notice number, title, and date of issuance
- Point of Contact (if applicable), Phone and Email address
To the maximum extent possible, please avoid submitting confidential or proprietary information. Any confidential or proprietary information submitted shall be marked as such and will be protected from disclosure except as required by law. The Government reserves the right to use any unmarked information in any resultant solicitation(s).