This is a request for information (RFl)/sources sought (SS) for planning purposes only. This RFI/SS does not constitute an invitation for bids (IFB), request for quotations (RFQ) or request for proposals (RFP). There is no obligation on the part of the Government to acquire any products described in this RFI. Any response to this RFI is voluntary and will be used only as information for the Government to consider. The response date for this RFI is 14 days from date of RFI/SS issuance.
The Search, Track, Acquire, Radiate, Eliminate (STARE) Project Office is conducting market research for Army Long-Range Persistent Surveillance (ALPS) systems for Fiscal Year (FY)22-FY24. This RFI/SS applies to support and engineering services for performance within the continental United States (U.S.) and outside the continental U.S.
Increasing threat sophistication placed new requirements on the U.S. Army air defense systems to employ novel technologies, techniques and capabilities not previously employed. The prototype ALPS systems currently located in multiple combatant commands provide low-cost air surveillance capability to help inform the overall air picture against such threats.
Any subsequent contract would require access to classified information and a U.S. secure manufacturing facility approved to the SECRET level by the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency. The Defense Contract Management Agency would be required to perform a pre-award survey of the contractor's facility to determine the capability to meet the requirements of any subsequent contract to minimize risk to the ALPS program.
Interested sources shall demonstrate the corporate knowledge and experience to provide engineering, logistics and technical support for:
- Existing deployed ALPS systems and test assets in support of the U.S. Army and its customers.
- Field demonstration events.
- Developing accredited system simulations and continuing to mature the software, algorithms and manufacturability of the ALPS system and new variants required for future threats.
- Developing, manufacturing, testing and deploying additional ALPS prototype systems and/or new variants including integration into the integrated fires architectures, to include the Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System or other joint and Army Command and Control systems.
Interested sources shall also demonstrate the corporate knowledge and experience to provide support for program management, quality assurance, information assurance, cyber security, configuration management, safety, systems and test engineering. A production level three technical data package is not available for this RFI/SS and it will not be available for any subsequent procurement. Dynetics Incorporated located at 1002 Explorer Blvd, Huntsville, AL 35806, CAGE 7L855, is currently prototyping the ALPS and manages to the technical data package. The Army does not possess a production level three technical data package for an ALPS. The Government does not intend to provide any technical data to enable industry response to this RFI/SS.
Interested sources are invited to indicate interest and provide information regarding capabilities to perform the requirements by providing the below.
- Company name, company address, overnight delivery address (if different from mailing address), CAGE code, point of contact, e-mail address, telephone number and fax number.
- Business size (i.e., large, small disadvantaged, veteran owned, woman owned, etc.).
- Affirmation of at least SECRET level cleared personnel and facilities.
- A description of the company's expertise in manufacturing and producing similar hardware and support as identified above.
- The company's experience in meeting contractual due dates for similar type efforts.
- An estimate of cost and schedule availability for the type of support and services described above that may be required via a subsequent contract.
Potential sources should only submit the minimum information necessary and shall not exceed ten pages. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted or acknowledged, and the Government will not provide feedback or evaluations to companies regarding submissions. The Government may contact potential sources for additional information as required.
All responses shall be unclassified. Submissions shall clearly identify all assumptions, including any assumed Government support. Interested parties are responsible for adequately marking proprietary, restricted or competition sensitive information contained in their response.
The Government will not reimburse contractors or responders to this notice for any costsincurred in responding, or any subsequent exchange of information. The Government will not pay for the information submitted in response to this RFI. The Army may use information provided to develop its acquisition strategy. Any solicitation released for the supplies or services described herein will be synopsized on the SAM.gov site. Vendors will have 14 days from issuance of the notice to respond.
Submit responses via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.