SOURCES SOUGHT SYNOPSIS
The Mission and Installation Contracting Command (MICC) Fort Knox, KY, is issuing this sources sought notice as a means of conducting market research to identify parties having an interest in and the resources to support the requirement for Disinfection Cleaning Services for COVID-19 affected Military Entrance Processing Stations (MEPS), for Headquarters United States Military Entrance Processing Command (HQ USMEPCOM).
BASED ON THE RESPONSES TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE/MARKET RESEARCH, THIS REQUIREMENT MAY BE AN 8(a) SET-ASIDE (FAR 19.8). Telephone inquiries will not be accepted or acknowledged, and no feedback or evaluations will be provided to companies regarding their submissions.
THIS SOURCES SOUGHT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) TO BE SUBMITTED. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT. RESPONSES IN ANY FORM ARE NOT OFFERS AND THE GOVERNMENT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO AWARD A CONTRACT AS A RESULT OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. NO FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE TO PAY FOR PREPARATION OF RESPONSES TO THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. ANY INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY RESPONDENTS TO THIS TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION IS STRICTLY VOLUNTARY.
The government intends to award a contract for HQ, U.S. Military Entrance Processing Command (HQ USMEPCOM), North Chicago, IL, to provide disinfection cleaning services for the various 67 MEPS stations located throughout the Continental United States (CONUS) as well as HI, AK, and Puerto Rico. Specifically to provide services performing microbial-related remediation or similar work on a cyclical basis in response to MEPS stations infected by the Novel Coronavirus SARS-Co-V-2.
Disinfection services shall be provided for an entire facility or targeted portions of a facility for both routine advanced scheduled disinfections, and for 48 CONUS/72 OCONUS hour notice disinfections in response to facilities impacted by a Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 event. Disinfection cleaning service performance shall be in accordance with (IAW) Center for Disease Control and Prevention CDC guidelines, as stated in Part 5, Specific Tasks of the attached draft Performance Work Statement (PWS).
The government anticipates a one-year base contract with one one-year option period.
The Contractor shall provide capability statements relative to the services in support of the areas specified in Program Background (above). Further detail is provided in the draft PWS attached to this announcement (Attachment 1).
If your organization has the potential capacity to perform these contract services, please provide the following information:
1) Organization name, address, email address, Web site address, telephone, and size and type of ownership for the organization; and
2) Tailored capability statements addressing the particulars of this effort, with appropriate documentation supporting claims of organizational and staff capability. If significant subcontracting or teaming is anticipated in order to deliver technical capability, organizations should address the administrative and management structure of such arrangements.
The Government will evaluate market information to ascertain potential market capacity to:
1) Provide services consistent, in scope and scale, with those described in this notice and otherwise anticipated;
2) Provide services under a performance based service acquisition contract.
The applicable NAICS code for this requirement is 561720, Janitorial Service, Disinfecting Service, with a Small Business Size Standard of $16.5 Million. The Product Service Code is S201, Custodial, and Janitorial Services.
Interested parties are requested to submit a capabilities statement. The deadline for response to this request is no later than 2 pm, EST 18 September 2020. All responses under this Sources Sought Notice must be e-mailed to Doris Nicholson, Contracting Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This documentation must address at a minimum the following items:
1. Organization name, address, primary points of contact (POCs) and their email address, Web site address, telephone number, and type of ownership for the organization;
2. Tailored capability statements addressing the requirements of this notice, with appropriate documentation supporting claims of organizational and staff capability.
3. Information to help determine if the requirement is commercially available, including pricing information, basis for the pricing information (e.g., market pricing, catalog pricing), delivery schedules, customary terms and conditions, warranties, etc.
4. Identify how the Army can best structure these contract requirements to facilitate competition by and among 8(a) business concerns.
5. Recommendations to improve the approach/specifications/draft PWS to acquiring the identified items/services.
6. The contractor must be willing and able to meet the requirement in its entirety at all 67 locations (no partial fulfillment).
The estimated period of performance consists of a one-year base period with one-year option period with performance commencing in 2020.
All data received in response to this sources sought notice that is marked or designated as corporate or proprietary will be fully protected from any release outside the Government.
Identify any condition or action that may be having the effect of unnecessarily restricting competition with respect to this acquisition. Please contact the MICC Advocate for Competition, Scott Kukes, at email@example.com or 210-466-2269, if you believe that this action is unreasonably restricting competition. Include the subject of the acquisition, this announcement, and the MICC POC information from the notice. Provide the specific aspects that unreasonably restrict competition and the rationale for such conclusion.
All questions must be submitted to the Contracting Officer identified above. The Government is not committed nor obligated to pay for the information provided, and no basis for claims against the Government shall arise as a result of a response to this sources sought notice.