This is a Sources Sought Notice for market research and informational purposes only which will be used to determine the contractor’s availability and capability. This is not an invitation for Bid, a Request for Quotation or a Request for Proposal. No Solicitation is currently available, there is no obligation on the part of the government to acquire any of the service described herein. Respondents will not be notified of the results of this announcement. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this sources sought or any subsequent requested information. The Government is seeking responses to this sources sought synopsis from all interested businesses capable of providing these services. Small business in all socioeconomic categories (including Small 8(a) Business Development Program, Historically Under Utilized Business Zone (HUBZone), Service Disabled Veteran Owned (SDVOSB), Woman Owned ( WOSB)) are highly encouraged to identify capabilities to provide services for the Directorate of Public Works (DPW).
The Government intends to use information gathered from this notice to issue a solicitation for a Firm Fixed Price Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) type contract with a one-year base period and four one-year option periods. The quantity of work is only an estimate, so the Government has established a guaranteed minimum of $25,000 for the base year only. Typical yearly work consists of completion of two (2) to ten (10) individual Task Orders with total estimated annual work budget of $2 million.
Work items include but are not limited to the following:
Asphaltic Concrete (AC) Pavement for roads, parking lots, and airfields.
Portland Cement Concrete (PCC) Pavement for roads, parking lots, and airfields.
Obliterate and/or install retro-reflective pavement markings (paint and/or thermoplastic) for roads, parking lots, and airfields.
Install Raised Pavement Markers (RPMs) for roads.
Remove and/or replace traffic control signs. Remove and/or install fencing.
Seeding and other permanent erosion control. Repair and Maintain AC Pavement including surface treatments and permanent pothole repair.
Remove AC and PCC pavements.
Install and/or replace stormwater drainage facilities including pipe, headwalls, structures, and ditches.
Construct and/or replace concrete structures including headwalls, sidewalks, utility pads, curbs and gutters.
Traffic and roadway signage.
General Description of IDIQ:
Exclusive of the program management functions, the Contractor may utilize subcontractors or consultants identified in the accepted proposal, or subsequently approved by the Contracting Officer, to perform any of the functions required within the specific task orders only up to 20% of the total work performed. 80% of work must be accomplished within prime contractors staffing.
A R.S. Means Facilities Cost Data Base cost estimating software program, hereinafter referred to as the Computerized Pricing Guide (CPG), shall be the basis for developing all project costs. Construction and repairs will be made in accordance with the appropriate Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC).
Performance and payment bonds will be required for 100% of task orders awarded under the IDIQ. NAICS Code for this requirement is 237310 which has a small business size standard of $39.5M. The primary work at Fort Huachuca, Arizona is facility sustainment, restoration and modernization (SRM).
Sources Sought Response Instructions:
Responses are requested with the following information, which shall not exceed a total of eight (8) pages.
- Offeror’s name, address, points of contact with telephones numbers and email addresses.
- Business size / classification to include any designations as small Business, HuBZone, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, 8(a), Women-Owned small businesses shall be indicated on First page of submission.
- Provide construction bonding level per single contract/Task order. Provide the aggregate sum total construction bonding level. Provide both capabilities in U.S Dollars; along with current available bonding capacity.
- Description of capability to perform similar or same projects listed above, manage subcontractors, prepare and comply with various environmental and construction permits, and capability to execute this project with other ongoing construction contracts.
- Past performance/ experience on projects of similar scope and magnitude, describing no more than five (5) projects that are at least 50% construction complete within the past five years. The past performance information should include project Title, Location, general description of the construction to demonstrated relevance to the proposed projects, the offeror’s role, Dollars value of contract, and name of the company, agency or government entity for which the work was performed with the contact information ( reference name, phone number and email address). Narratives shall be no longer than eight (8) pages.
Reponses should be sent via email on or before 17 November 2020 to:
Cinnamon C Stuckey, Contract Specialist email@example.com
Paula L Hartzell, Contract Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Edwin D Guthrie, Contracting Officer email@example.com