This is a request for information (RFI). DLA Troop Support’s OCONUS Subsistence Prime Vendor (OCONUS SPV) Program is interested in your comments regarding fresh fruits and vegetables support to our military and federally funded customers in Panama South America including the Port of Colon and the Port of Balboa. There is no solicitation available at this time. The Government will not pay for any information received in response to this RFI, nor will the Government compensate any respondent for any cost incurred in developing the information provided to the Government. This RFI does not constitute a commitment from the Government and any information provided in response to this market survey will be used for informational purposes only. Any proprietary information submitted will be protected if appropriately marked. Vendor participation is not a promise for future business with the Government. The sole purpose of this RFI is to conduct Market Research.
Please consider the following questions:
- The estimated annual FF&V sales for this contract is $ 1,500,000.00. Does your firm handle have the operational capacity or ability to expand to handle this requirement?
- Is your firm a large or small business concern? (Small business being defined as a firm that employs less than 500 employees).
- In what type of business is your company involved – e.g. logistics, food distribution? Who are your firm’s major customers, e.g. Retailers, industrial accounts, and commercial accounts? What is the applicable North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) identifier?
- Does your firm have an existing facility by which you would be operating? If so, is it currently used for commercial or other business, and if so, what type of business?
- FF&V support includes the ability to source food items, to receive and consolidate materials, warehousing and inventory management, transportation capabilities, the ability to accept customer orders electronically and provide delivery, and the ability to maintain a quality assurance program. Can you provide FF&V support to our customers located in Panama including the Port of Colon and the Port of Balboa?
- Are or will there be any concerns getting FF&V for the above-mentioned areas?
- Are you able to display pricing in this format below?
Product price+ Distribution price = Final price (Distribution price is fixed throughout the length of the contract which is one year)
We encourage, appreciate, and would like to thank you in advance for your participation. Your responses, comments, suggestions and ideas regarding support for our customers are requested back by the close of business on September 18th, 2020 your responses may be sent via email to the following email addresses:
Primary Points of Contact: