The National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) George C. Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) is hereby seeking information from potential sources for document, records, and information management services. The existing effort is currently being performed under NASA MSFC Contract NNM16AA10C by the incumbent contractor, All Points Logistics. The current period of performance for this contract expires October 31, 2021.
NASA/MSFC is seeking capabilities from firms classified as Historically Underutilized Business (HUBZone) and/or Veteran-Owned Small Business firms. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code associated with this effort is 541513, Computer Facilities Management Services to satisfy the government’s requirement for document, records, and information management services.
Purpose: This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes. It does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP), a promise to issue an RFP in the future, nor does it commit the Government to contract for any supply or service. Further, NASA/MSFC is not seeking proposals at this time and will not accept unsolicited proposals.
Firms are advised that the Government will not pay for any information received or administrative cost incurred in response to this RFI. All costs associated with responding to this RFI will be solely at the responding firm’s expense.
All information received in response to this RFI that is marked PROPRIETARY will be handled accordingly. The Government shall not be liable for or suffer any consequential damages for any proprietary information not properly identified. Proprietary information will be safeguarded in accordance with the applicable Government regulations. Responses to the RFI will not be returned. Not responding to this RFI does not preclude participation in any future solicitation, if issued. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the U.S. Government to form a binding contract. It is the responsibility of the interested parties to monitor the Contract Opportunities website at: https://beta.sam.gov/ for additional information pertaining to this RFI.
The Contractor will provide professional and technical services as needed in support of the MSFC’s Chief Information Officer (CIO) for document and information management services. The services include but are not limited to: directives management, records management, documentation repository, forms development, scientific and technical Information (STI) publications, and reproduction and printing services.
Specific service requirements include:
- Directives Management- activities necessary to maintain the integrity and currency of the MSFC Directives Management System
- Records Management – activities necessary to maintain and disposition Federal records
- Documentation Repository – operation of the official receipt, storage, and distribution point for MSFC engineering drawings, specifications, standards, procedures, and handbooks
- Forms development – form development and maintenance of MSFC electronic and hardcopy forms
- Scientific and Technical Information (STI) Publications- preparation of Scientific and Technical Information (STI) publications support to accomplish formatting of NASA Series Reports
- Reproduction and Printing Services – operation of in-house duplication services and procurement of commercial printing procurement services for MSFC programs, projects, and organizations
2.0 Requested Information
Interested firms are requested to provide a submission addressing the following information:
- Ability to meet or exceed the technical services and requirements in Section 1.0 above
- Interest in submitting a proposal for these services and requirements
- Recommendations on acquisition type(s) including, but not limited to, a single or multiple award approach with associated rationale
- A fixed price contract type is contemplated. State with rationale preferred contract structure (e.g., mission services; mission and indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity (IDIQ); all IDIQ).
- Any other potential low-cost high quality performance solution alternatives
- Summary of corporate capabilities and experience in providing this type of support
3.0 Response Instructions
Specific instructions for submitting responses are provided below.
3.1 General Response Details:
3.1.1 The RFI response should be comprised of one technical volume (see RFI Section 3.2), one cover sheet, and the RFI Attachment A, Informational Form. Responses should not exceed six pages (one cover sheet and five technical volume pages). Responses to the technical volume should be provided in Microsoft (MS) Word 2016 or later and be single spaced utilizing Times New Roman 12-point font. Attachment A MS Excel spreadsheet contains two tabs and utilizes Time New Roman 8-point font. Attachment A should remain in Times New Roman 8-point font and when printed by the Government, should fit to one 8½ x 14 page. Column and row sizes should not be changed. Attachment A is excluded from the page limitation. The Excel spreadsheet should be formattable submitted unlocked. No additional data other than the information requested should be included in the Attachment.
3.1.2 The cover sheet should include the following information: Name, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail of designated point of contact.
3.1.3 Providing data or information that is limited or restricted for use by NASA would be of little value and such restricted, limited data, or information is not solicited.
â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹3.2 Technical Response Details:
The technical volume should provide the information requested in Sections 1.0 and 2.0 and be submitted in accordance with Section 3.1.1 of this RFI.
4.0 Response Submission Details:
All responses to this RFI should be submitted electronically via e-mail to Ms. Debbie R. Matthews at email@example.com, no later than 4:00 p.m. Central Daylight Savings Time (CDT), September 25, 2020.