Request for Information
THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION. This is a Request for Information (RFI) for planning purposes only and is issued in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 52.215-3 Request for Information or Solicitation for Planning Purposes (OCT 1997) provided at: https://www.acquisition.gov/far/52.215-3.
No solicitation document exists at this time. Issuance of this notice does not constitute any obligation on the part of the Government to procure these items or services or to issue a solicitation. In addition, the Government is under no obligation to pay for information submitted in response to this RFI, and responses to this notice cannot be accepted as offers. Any information that the vendor considers proprietary should be clearly marked as such. The Government shall not be held liable for any damages incurred if proprietary information is not properly identified.
In preparation for an upcoming procurement, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Eastern Acquisition Division, Norfolk, VA on behalf of the Office of Marine and Aviation Operations (OMAO) is conducting market research to determine potential sources for commercial off the shelf maritime high speed, low latency internet service for seagoing platforms. Options to build new technology from scratch will not be considered.
The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) for this requirement is 517410 Satellite Telecommunications and the size standard is $38,500,000.00. Small businesses are encouraged to submit a brief, typed Capability Statement in response to this sources sought announcement.
NOAA is seeking to implement a sea trial of high speed, low latency internet service for seagoing platforms on a total of 10 ships for a one year period. A minimum of 300 Mbps download speed is required.
Submitted Capability Statements shall include the following:
- Company name and address.
- SAM Unique Entity ID number.
- Type of business (e.g. large business, small business, 8(a),veteran-owned small business, service-disabled veteran owned small business, HUBZone small business, small disadvantaged business, and/or women owned small business) as validated via the System for Award Management (SAM).
- Company point of contact – name, phone, and e-mail address
- Demonstrate capabilities for meeting the requirements listed above.
- Companies are asked to provide their response no later than August 12, 2022 2:00PM Eastern Time.