Amended to add square footage requirement. There are not other changes to this notice.
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) is conducting a market survey to determine the availability and technical capability of qualified small businesses, including 8(a) small businesses, small disadvantaged businesses, woman-owned small businesses, service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses or HUBZone small businesses capable of providing local storage warehousing unit for one full calendar year (1/1/2021 through 12/31/2021) of animal facility equipment/supplies (i.e. large cage racks) and transportation services.
The local storage facility unit must meet all NICHD’s storage and transports needs:
- Storage unit minimum size of 1,400 sf
- Storage facility within 40 miles of NIH main campus located in Rockville, MD
- Ability to meet a rapid turn-around (within 1 to 3 business days) for transport/delivery of equipment and supplies between the storage facility and NIH facility
- Provide 24/7 full pickup and delivery service
- Sanitary environment must maintain a clean storing and working environment
- Facility must be temperature controlled
- Has a pest management program in place to provide vermin and insect monitoring, detection, and eradication
- Has company owned transport vehicles (of various sizes) to easily accommodate the size of inventory (i.e. large cage racks) being transported
- Handle all the preparation from paperwork, packing up/securing the supplies and transportation inventory/supplies between the two facilities (storage facility and NIH facility) when needed.
- Provide property management support, inventory support, quarterly reports on inventory status and status updates on post-delivery/ receiving of supplies.
Interested small business firms with the capability of providing all the require services/support shall submit a capability statement to assist the Government in determining in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 19.502-2(b)whether this procurement will be set-aside for any of the programs described above.
The intended procurement will be classified under North American Industrial Classification (NAICS) code 493110 with a size standard of $30m. All respondents are requested to identify their firm’s size and type of business. Interested firms responding to this market survey must provide (a) capability statement demonstrating their experience, skills and capability to fulfill the Government’s requirements for the above. The capability statement shall be in sufficient enough detail, so that the Government can determine the experience and capability of your firm to provide the services/support above. A copy of the capability statement must be received via email to email@example.com prior to 4:00 p.m. eastern standard time on October 27, 2020. Capability statement must reference solicitation# NICHD-21-002. Submission by email must also reference solicitation # NICHD-21-002 on the subject line of the email. Any questions must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include solicitation# NICHD-21-002 on the subject line of email. Capability statements, etc will not be returned to firm/sender. This synopsis is for information and planning purposes and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government, nor will the Government pay for information solicited.