This is a Sources Sought Notice. In preparation for an upcoming procurement, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Eastern Acquisition Division (EAD), Norfolk, VA on behalf of the NOAA Fisheries, Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC) is conducting market research to the determine potential sources for supporting the NOAA Fisheries/NEFSC study fleet data collection and reporting services during the period of September 15, 2021 through September 14, 2022. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code is 541715 (Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences (except Nanotechnology and Biotechnology). The size standard for this NAICS code is 1,000 Employees.
This is a requirement for vessel support for Northeast Cooperative Research Branch Study Fleet activities in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Fisheries. The current research topics relate to enhanced stock monitoring through the use of electronic reporting technology and testing, tracking the use of more selective fishing gears and practices, linking oceanographic and socioeconomic factors to fishery models, and real-time data transmission. Supported Study Fleet research projects for this contract will require participation by Northeast and Mid-Atlantic commercial vessels fishing participating in ground fish, herring, squid, mackerel and other fisheries. The Contractor shall assist in collecting and reporting tow-by-tow data through an electronic logbook system. This will be accomplished through use of the NEFSC Fisheries Logbook Data Recording Software (FLDRS). The Contractor will also support the use and development of oceanographic data collection systems consistent with the vessel’s normal fishing practices, real-time data transmission systems, and the testing of new hardware, software, and data collection protocols. Work shall be on a schedule consistent with the vessel’s fishing practices. A draft Statement of Work (SOW) is provided for informational purposes only.
Standard brochures will not be considered a sufficient response to this notice. Submitted Capability Statements shall include the following:
(1) General Information: Provide the company name and address, Unique Entity Identifier, i.e., DUNS number, type of business under NAICS code 541690 (e.g. small business, 8(a), veteran-owned small business, service-disabled veteran owned small business, HUBZone small business, small disadvantaged business, and/or women owned small business) as validated via the System for Award Management (SAM), and company point of contact including name, phone number, and e-mail address.
(2) Capabilities: In five (5) pages or less, demonstrate how your firm has the capabilities as follows:
1. Commercially fish with federal permits at least 9 out of 12 months of the year.
2. Participate in at least one of the fisheries identified in the Scope of Work (groundfish, herring, mackerel, and squid).
3. Experience with or interest in the collection of accurate, high resolution catch, effort, and environmental data to support fisheries science.
4. Experience with or interest in using electronic reporting technology.
(3) Documentation Comments: In order to facilitate the exchange of information with industry, provide any comments, questions, or suggestions that pertain to the draft SOW included with this notice. Identify any areas that appear ambiguous or otherwise unclear.
Interested vendors are invited to submit an electronic response to this Sources Sought Notice to Roberta Smith, Contract Specialist, via e-mail at email@example.com, no later than April 1, 2021 at 12:00 PM, EST. Capability Statements and Documentation Comments must be submitted in writing; telephonic inquiries will not receive a response.
This is not a request for technical or cost proposals. The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this notice or reimburse for costs incurred by interested parties providing the information requested herein. No collect calls will be accepted.