Sources Sought for Commercial Item Purchase
Ultra Low Expansion Glass
The National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) seeks information on vendors that are capable of providing Ultra Low Expansion Glass per the enclosed specifications. This announcement is not a Request for Quote (RFQ) and does not commit the Government to award a contract now or in the future. No solicitation is available at this time. The purpose of this synopsis is to identify organizations with the requisite qualifications to meet the requirements of the item stated herein. After the results of this market research are obtained and analyzed and compared with NIST’s minimum specification as follows:
Zero-crossing temperature = 40 +/-5 C, cylindrical core diameter 106 +/- 6 mm, length 141 +/- 6 mm, inclusion density equivalent or better than Corning 7973 Glass
NIST may conduct a competitive procurement and subsequently award a contract. If at least two qualified small businesses are identified during this market research stage, then this acquisition may be solicited as a small business set aside. NIST is seeking responses from all responsible sources, including large and small businesses (SB, SDB, WOSB, HUBZone, SDVOSB, and VOSB). This requirement is assigned a NAICS code 327212, Other Pressed and Blown Glass and Glassware Manufacturing. The specific purpose of this Sources Sought Announcement is to determine if there are small businesses, within the parameters identified above, that are capable of providing the services identified.
Interested business organizations that believe they are capable of meeting the requirement should submit electronic copies or mailed copies of their capability statements. Please limit responses to FIVE (5) pages or less (8.5″ x11″ format, 1″ margins, 12-point font, double spaced), including figures and tables. Responses should include the following information:
1. Name of the company and address that will provide the product.
2. Company DUNS number, Cage Code, Tax ID Number, and Type of small business, e.g., Services Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Veteran-owned small business, 8(a), HUBZone, Women-Owned Small Business, Small disadvantaged business, or Small Business HUBZone business.
3. Company point of contact, phone, fax, and e-mail.
4. Name of the company that will manufacture the product.
5. Specification sheets and examples of products that meet the specifications.
6. Contact information of customers who have obtained and used these products.
7. Typical lead time to deliver the product after receipt of the order.
8. Any other relevant information that is not listed above, which the Government should consider in developing its minimum specifications and finalizing its market research.
BASED ON THE RESPONSES TO THIS SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE/MARKET RESEARCH, THIS REQUIREMENT MAY BE SET-ASIDE FOR SMALL BUSINESSES.
Any company proprietary information should be so marked. The written capability statement should be received by the Contracting Officer no later than 7:00 am Mountain Standard Time (MST) August 14, 2020. The capability statement shall identify the business status of the organization.
Only electronic or mailed statements will be accepted. Faxes will not be accepted. Send to MeeLondrell Lumpkin Contracting Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct all questions to this e-mail no later than noon MST August 13, 2020.