THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) ONLY. This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes – it does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFP in the future. This request for information does not commit the Government to contract for any supply or service whatsoever. Further, the Government is not at this time seeking proposals and will not accept unsolicited proposals. Responders are advised the U.S. Government will not pay any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this RFI; all costs associated with responding to this RFI will be solely at the interested party’s expense.
Interested parties are responsible for adequately marking proprietary or competition sensitive information contained in their response. The Government will not be liable for or suffer any consequential damages for any proprietary information not properly identified. Proprietary information will be safeguarded in accordance with the applicable Government regulations.
Failure to respond to this RFI does not preclude participation in any future associated RFP that may be issued. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the SAM.gov website: www.sam.gov. It is the potential vendor’s responsibility to monitor this site for the release of any follow-on information.
The Naval Air Warfare Center, Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) Lakehurst, NJ seeks potential sources to revise, integrate, incorporate, and certify performance modifications of a form, fit, and function to the Signal Generator Test Set (SGTS) A4 Radio Frequency (RF) Amplifier (AMP) Circuit Card Assembly (CCA). The Government seeks to procure six (6) revised A4 RF AMP CCAs with its associated technical data package and acceptance test procedures to replace the current A4 RF AMP CCA (Part Number: SFT 1107-1 Rev C).
Naval Aviation (Navy and Marine Corps) currently uses the AN/USM-713 SGTS at the flight line to conduct Insertion Loss (IL), Return Loss (RL), Voltage-Standing-Wave Ratio (VSWR), and Distance-To-Fault (DTF) measurements on aircraft Radio Frequency (RF) transmission lines, in-line RF components and antennas. The Navy and Marine Corps require the revised A4 RF AMP CCA to reduce noise generated by the current A4 RF AMP CCA which causes the SGTS to fail current Instrument Calibration Procedures and has reduced test set availability for fleet use.
SUBMITTAL INFORMATION: It is requested that interested businesses submit to the contracting office a brief capabilities statement package (no more than 10 pages in length, single spaced, 12-point font minimum) demonstrating ability to meet the requirements outlined above. This documentation must address, at a minimum, the following:
Section 1 of the response shall provide administrative information, and shall include the following as a minimum:
• Organization name, mailing address, overnight delivery address (if different from mailing address), phone number, fax number, and name and e-mail of designated contractual point of contact.
• Business type (large business, small business, small disadvantaged business, 8(a)-certified small disadvantaged business, HUB Zone small business, woman-owned small business, very small business, veteran-owned small business, service-disabled veteran-owned small business).
Section 2 of the response shall provide technical information, and shall include the following as a minimum:
• Interested parties shall respond with existing capabilities or products that meet all or a subset of the aforementioned attributes. Reponses that include information detailing potential tradeoffs or alternative solutions is encouraged.
• Production Lead Times
• Unit Pricing
o Responses shall include current price list
o Any available discounts
o NOTE: Supplying price data does not imply a contractual obligation and must be provided and marked as PRICE DATA.
• List of existing Certifications and Standards
• Projected End of Life (EOL) Date
• Describe Warranty Options
• If applicable and able, respondents shall include a list of Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Justice (DoJ) or Department of Homeland Security (DHS) programs of record that currently employ their solution. It would be helpful if a sponsor POC for each program, with email address and phone number could be identified.
• Respondents should include a list of authorized distributors.
HOW TO RESPOND
Interested parties are requested to respond to this RFI by email to BL34100 NAVAIR Contracts, Darla Kelly, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must be received at the office cited no later than 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on 10 December 2021. Proprietary information, if any, should be minimized and must be clearly marked.
Responses to this RFI will not be returned. Respondents will not be notified of the result of the review. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the sam.gov website: www. sam.gov. It is the potential vendor’s responsibility to monitor this site for the release of any follow-on information.