Notice of intent to use a brand name product. The Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command, Pacific (NAVFAC Pacific) is performing a market survey to determine if other potential sources of supply can provide a capstan that has equal performance and listing/approval requirements to the Schoellhorn-Albrecht Capstan – Model SA2434-40/20E-30/15 product. FY23 MCON P-209 Dry Dock 3 Replacement, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii requires ten (10) capstans that have the following characteristics:
Requirements for the capstan(s):
- Vertical Capstans for installation in a pit w/permanent power along with permanent controls/electronics above grade in a NEMA 4 enclosure.
- Ø24” x 34" tall cast barrel with raised whelps
- Right angle design
- 40/20 HP 30-minute duty electric motor – TENV, 2 speed VFD motor with 150% motor brake, design “B” with heaters in motor and brake, 480 VAC / 3 / 60 HZ.
- Right angle reduction gearing
- Running Line Pull: 40,000 lbs. @ 30 FPM
- Running Line Pull: 40,000 lbs. @ 15 FPM
- Static (Bollard) Pull: 100,000 lbs.
- VFD & Bypass control package in 316 SS NEMA 4x enclosure with disconnect
- Removable (5) Button control pendant in 316 SS NEMA 4x enclosure with 25’ cord (Fast FWD, Slow FWD, E-Stop, Slow REV, Fast REV)
- Factory Tested running line pulls and static bollard pull
- Marine grade paint system
- Weight ≈ 5,800 Lbs.
This notification is for market research purposes only to identify if other potential sources of supply can meet the requirements of the Government. This is not a request for proposals, quotes, or an invitation for bid. The intent of this notice is to identify other potential sources of this product.
To be considered, please submit detailed technical data in order for the Government to conduct a comprehensive evaluation of your product to ensure compatibility with the existing system. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), a response to this notice is not an offer and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. The responder is solely responsible for the information it submits and any associated costs. The Government reserves the right to disregard any submittal that is incomplete or vague. Please do not submit company brochures.
Please submit complete information via email to Mr. Shaun Bissen via electronic mail at email@example.com no later 2 December 2021 at 3:00 p.m. H.S.T. Information received after the due date/time will not be considered. Any information provided to the Government in response to this RFI will become U.S. Government property and will not be returned. All proprietary or classified information will be treated appropriately.