This is a SOURCES SOUGHT announcement for Market Research to be used for preliminary planning purposes for solicitation N62473-23-R-2217. This Sources Sought is an updated version to a previous sources sought notice listed for solicitation N62473-22-R-NEPA. The information received will be used within the Navy to facilitate the decision-making process and will not be disclosed outside of the agency. The intent of this Sources Sought is to identify potential qualified Small Businesses, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a) Businesses, SBA certified HUBZone Small Businesses, Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Businesses, and/or Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses. This Sources Sought is one facet in the Government’s overall market research regarding whether the proposed solicitation will be issued as a competitive set-aside or as full and open (unrestricted). No procurement strategy will be determined based solely on the information received in response to this Sources Sought Synopsis.
THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR PROPOSALS AND NO CONTRACT WILL BE AWARDED FROM THIS SOURCES SOUGHT ANNOUNCEMENT. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this synopsis or any follow up information requests. Respondents will NOT be notified of the results of the evaluations.
The purpose of this Sources Sought is to seek potential qualified small business sources with indication of business size classification, including:
8(a), HubZone Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Small Business, Small
Disadvantaged Business, Women-Owned Small Business, Veteran-Owned Small Business.
The Government will use responses to this Sources Sought Synopsis to assist the Government in making appropriate acquisition decisions. If, after review of the responses to this sources sought synopsis, the Government still plans to proceed with the acquisition, a combined synopsis/solicitation will be published on beta.SAM.gov.
Services to be acquired: Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command, Southwest is seeking sources with current relevant qualifications, experience, personnel, and capability to provide, under contract, all management, labor, incidental engineering, travel, transportation, equipment, material, and supervision necessary in performing Environmental Planning Services for the conduct of Navy and Marine Corps National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), environmental planning support, and other related work. Work would include, but not be limited to; the preparation of the following primary NEPA related documents, studies, and reports: Environmental Assessments (EAs) and Findings of No Significant Impact (FONSIs); Environmental Impact Statements (EISs) and draft Records of Decision (RODs). These documents would address the following resource areas, as applicable for each project: topography, geology and soils; water resources; biological resources; marine biological resources, air quality, greenhouse gasses and climate change; noise; airspace; cultural resources; socioeconomics including environmental justice; land use; Coastal Zone Management Act analysis; transportation/traffic; utilities and utility corridors; climate change; public health and safety (including hazardous materials, protection of children from environmental health risks and safety risks, and anti-terrorism and force protection); visual quality; public services; and other important resource areas and considerations.
The contract scope also includes the contractor provision of other technical environmental studies and environmental documents including, but not limited to the following efforts: Biological Assessments; Marine Biological Resource Studies and Reports; Essential Fish Habitat Analysis and Report; Directed Marine Surveys for Eelgrass and Caulerpa; Marine Mammal Protection Act consultation documents including Incidental Harassment Authorization applications; Clean Water Act Permit Application Preparation (for use with USACE and RWQCB), Geological Surveys and Reports, Topography and Soils Mapping, Air Emissions Calculations, Noise Measurement Studies, Cultural Resource Surveys and Studies, Water Quality Studies and Reports, Transportation/Traffic Studies and Engineering Reports, Traffic Studies Requiring Computer Modeling; Public Involvement Plan Preparation and Implementation; and Dredging and Construction Sediment Testing Services.
Work will be accomplished under Task Orders that are competed under an Indefinite-Delivery-Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) contract with both Fixed Priced Exhibit Line Item Numbers (ELINS) and non-fixed price bid-based tasks. The actual amount of work to be performed and the time of such performance will be determined by the Contracting Officer or his/her properly authorized representative, who will issue written Task Orders. The proposed contract will be for a period not to exceed 7 years. The estimated value of the potential award contracts is approximately $45 million total.
The North American Industry Classification System code for this procurement is 541620 – Environmental Consulting Services. The small business size standard is $19 million.
Each firm (including Joint Ventures/Subcontractors/Teams) must demonstrate knowledge and experience in all the services cited above and have the ability to obtain appropriate security clearances to access military sites/property/installations.
Responses to Items 1-4 below, shall not exceed 12 pages (not counting Small Business Certifications). Responses shall use Times New Roman font that is no smaller than 12 point. Do not include unsolicited materials, company marketing materials, and materials over the stated size limit.
1. Firm Information – Two (2) Page: please provide the following data:
- Firm Name
- DUNS #
- CAGE #
- Address (primary and satellite)
- Number of Years in Business
- Two Points of Contact (with phone numbers and email address)
- Primary phone number
- Small Business status including:
- Qualification as Small Business on NAICS Code: 541620 Environmental Consulting Services. The small business size standard is $19 million.
- Identify small business status: 8(a), HubZone Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, Women-Owned Small Business, and Veteran-Owned Small Business
- Years in Business
- Number of employees
- Main disciplines/experience areas of the prime contractor
- Company’s Gross Annual Receipts for: 2021, 2022, and 2023
2. Provide no more than two (2) pages listing key employees of both the contractor and all subcontractors, and their experience relative to the services described above. Employee experience with NEPA, Terrestrial & Marine Biology, and Cultural Resources services should be adequately identified.
3. Provide up to seven (7) pages listing past and current contracts/task orders (within the last 5 years of the sources sought submission date that are 100% complete), that demonstrate the contractor’s ability to perform the services described above. Each Contractor shall use the attached Matrix and complete one sheet for each project. Ensure that all fields are completed in as much detail as possible.
4. Provide up to one (1) page that lists/describes two (2) contracts/task orders completed within the last 5 years of issuance of this sources sought notice. These projects should emphasize the following parameters:
- Include the firm’s highest dollar value contracts/Task Orders.
- Projects are at 100% completion.
- The same or similar to the work requirements/experiences described above.
- Provide full Point of Contact Reference information for both projects. This should be someone who has knowledge of the work that was performed.
- Contracts/Task Orders for services performed for military projects and work performed in Navy Region Southwest AOR are preferred.
Small Business Certifications. Provide copies of all Small Business certifications including those issued by the Small Business Association (SBA) and those which are derived from self-reported information submitted through the System for Award Management (SAM) portal. Small Business categories include: 8(a), HubZone Small Business, Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, Women-Owned Small Business, and Veteran-Owned Small Business. Copies of SBA Certifications will not be counted in the page limit.
When and if available, the solicitation will be available by electronic media under the combined synopsis/solicitation notice and will be able to be viewed and downloaded from the SAM.gov website. There will be no paper copies issued. Amendments will be posted on the SAM.gov website for downloading. This will be the only method of distribution; therefore, it is the offeror(s)’ responsibility to check the website periodically for any amendment(s) to this solicitation. Offeror(s) must be registered in the Systems for Award Management (SAM) at SAM.gov and meet eligibility requirements to participate in this procurement.
The closing date set for receipt of Sources Sought response is 15 business days from the date of issue. Questions should be submitted by email to [email protected].
Submittals/Capabilities packages must be received before 12 December, 2023 at 14:00 PST.