DB, P-3005 Child Development Center,
Joint Base Andrews, Maryland
1. Date: 30 July 2020
2. Year: 2019
3. Contracting Office Zip Code: 20374
4. Classification Code: Y-Construction Structures/Facilities
5. Contracting Office Address: 1314 Harwood ST., SE, Washington Navy Yard, District of Columbia 20374
6. Subject of Proposed Contract Action: Design-Build, P-3005 Child Development Center, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland
7. Solicitation Number: N4008020r9152
8. Contact Point: Janine Queen | Contract Specialist | Email: email@example.com | Phone Number: 202-685-8002
Lindsay Brown | Contracting Officer | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone Number: 202-685-3192
9. NAICS Code: The NAICS Code for this project is 236220 Commercial and Institutional Building Construction, with a size standard of $39,500,000.
10. Disclosure of construction magnitude: In accordance with DFARS 236.204(i), the magnitude of construction for this project is between $10,000,000 and $25,000,000.
11. Sources Sought Notice: This Notice does NOT constitute a request for proposal, request for quote, or invitation for bid. The intent of this notice is to identify potential offerors for market research purposes.
This is not a solicitation announcement. This is a Sources Sought Synopsis announcement only.
This synopsis is a market research tool being utilized for information to be used to determine
the availability and adequacy of potential small business sources prior to determining the
method of acquisition and issuance of an award. The information received will be used within Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Washington in conjunction with the procurement process.
The Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Washington is seeking eligible small business firms capable of performing construction services for Design-Build, P-3005 Child Development Center, Joint Base Andrews, MD.
All service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses (SDVOSB), certified HUBZone, certified 8(a), women-owned small businesses (WOSB), and small businesses are encouraged to respond. Based upon the review of responses received to this Sources Sought Synopsis, a decision will be made whether to issue the proposed solicitation to the types of firms indicated above, or to issue as full and open competition (unrestricted). Large business submittals will not be considered. The Government is not obligated to and will not pay for any information received from potential sources as a result of this synopsis.
The information provided in this notice is subject to change and in no way binds the Government to solicit for or award a contract. The Government will not provide debriefs on the results of this research, but feedback regarding the decision to set aside or not set aside the procurement will be accomplished via pre-solicitation synopsis or solicitation for these services, as applicable. All information submitted will be held in a confidential manner and will only be used for the purpose intended.
12. PROJECT DESCRIPTION: This Design Build contract requires design and construct of a new single story 26,069 square feet facility, which will support 162 children between the ages of six weeks to five years. Outdoor playgrounds, fencing, parking, bus drop off, site utilities, and other associated site work will also be included. The building’s exterior design will be compatible with the other building surroundings. The interiors will include construction for spaces such as lobby, reception, offices, health, security, training, break rooms, toilets, storage, kitchen, laundry, mechanical, and electrical. Child activity rooms for infants, pre-toddlers, toddlers, and preschoolers will also be included.
This project also demolishes the existing CDC facility, totaling 22,227 SF.
This is a new procurement. It does not replace an existing contract. No prior contract information exists.
If the resulting solicitation is set aside for small businesses firms, it will include FAR clause 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting, which states, “The concern will perform at least 15 percent of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with its own employees.”
This office anticipates award of a contract for these services in January 2021.
13. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Interested sources are invited to respond to this Sources Sought announcement. If you are submitting as a mentor-protégé joint venture under the 8(a) program, you must provide SBA approval of the mentor-protégé agreement to be considered as small for this procurement. For more information on the definitions or requirements for these small business programs refer to http://www.sba.gov/. Responses must include identification and verification of the firm’s small business status.
All responses shall include the following:
- Completed “20R9152 Sources Sought Contractor Information Form” (form attached) that provides information on your company including type of business and bonding. Provide your surety’s name, your maximum bonding capacity per project, and your aggregate maximum bonding capacity. Note: If you are submitting as an 8(a) Mentor Protégé, please indicate the percentage of work to be performed by the protégé.
- Completed “20R9152 Sources Sought Project Data Form” (form attached) for each of the submitted relevant projects (a maximum of five projects). Ensure that the form is completed in its entirety for each project and limited to two pages per project. Ensure that the description of the project clearly identifies whether the project is new construction or renovation, the square footage and final construction cost, and addresses how the project meets the scope/complexity requirements.
Submit a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of five (5) relevant construction projects completed in the past five (5) years that best demonstrates your experience on projects that are similar in size, scope, and complexity The attached construction experience project data form shall be utilized to demonstrate experience. For purposes of this sources sought, a relevant project is defined as follows:
Similar size: 20,000 SF or greater
Similar Scope: New construction of schools or educational facilities.
For each of the projects submitted for experience evaluation, provide the following:
- Title and Location
- Award and/or completion dates or percentage completed
- Contract or subcontract value
- Type of work for overall project and type of work your company self-performed
- Customer information including point of contact, phone number, and email address
- Whether the work was performed as a prime or a subcontractor
- Type of contract (Design-Build or Design-Bid-Build)
- For design-build projects, identify the name and address of the A-E firm used, years working together, and if design was performed in-house.
- Narrative project description
- How project is relevant to this project
- Description of the work that was self-performed by your firm, including the percentage of contract value your firm self-performed.
Projects which do not meet the following requirements, may not be considered relevant.
The Sources Sought Contractor Information Form and Sources Sought Project Data Form are required. Information not provided may prohibit your firm from consideration.
The Capability Statement packages shall be sent electronically via one of the following methods:
Email: Janine Queen at Janine.Queen@navy.mil and Lindsay Brown at Lindsay.email@example.com
DOD SAFE (Secure Access File Exchange) website: https://safe.apps.mil/. Instructions on how to use DOD SAFE can be found on this website.
SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY AUGUST 14, 2020 2:00P.M. EST. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.